Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all i have recently had trouble when purchasing an ipod connection for my 2007 brera. The first one i had fitted was a dension version but would not pick up my iphone (only charged) or my ipod. The audio place that fitted it got onto alfa technical and said it was because the stereo head unit had not been activated to accept a "cd multichanger / ipod port". When i took the car to alfa they did not know anything about this but fitted me there own version of a connection. However this does not play my iphone or chrage it. I can only play music through an ipod. Any suggestions on getting my iphone to play music through the stereo or a guaranteed system that will?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
How old is the iPod?

I don't really have a solution for you, but old iPods can recharge from a +12V supply or +5V, whereas newer models (and iPhones) recharge only from +5V (ie: presumably no voltage regulator built into them to convert +12V down to +5V). So perhaps the adapators you're using only offer +12V for recharging.

Do you know what socket each adaptor has been connected to? I would expect both have been connected via the blue mini-ISO 'CD changer' socket. The difference may be that the Alfa version is capable of simulating a CD changer, whereas the Dension may not; this would relate to the configuration of the wiring/terminals. At least, this is the situation with the factory headunits in 147/GTs; if using a non-Alfa adaptor in the CD changer socket, you have to 'trick' the headunit into seeing the adaptor by way of joining a couple of the terminals together.

:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts