Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure its been mensioned a million times before. just a few precise questions i'm sure that you all have the answers for.

i'm looking at either the connect 2 iconnect for £29.99 or the dension gateway 100 for £79.99.

What are peoples opinions?

does the dension show the ipod information on the headunit?

plus how easy is it to get the headunit out and connect?

any help much appreciated.

D

·
0 Posts
The stereo won't show the ipod information no matter what you get.

The Connects2 unit looks like it's an FM thingy that pugs into the aerial and the Dension looks like it fits into the CD changer port. The Connects2 unit will be cheaper with poorer sound quality, you pay more for the Dension but it will sound better and you can use the steering wheel controls to FF and RW, not sure if the Connects2 allows you do use the steering wheel controls

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Not a techie, but spent months trying to get good ipod connection, via Fiat iPod connector ( on a Grande Punto with Blue & Me, but am assured is same Blue & Me as fitted in Alfa's). Found this guy ( Nicola ) from GM PRODUCTION. He has the solution. Shows up as CD1 etc on display, steering controls work, iphone 3g works fine but is not charged. Apparently it is all down to software in the supplied box ! So if you have a friendly programmer... Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts