Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..One things that has always bugged me...
I have a brera with the 'blue and me' system etc. I cannot connect my ipod using the usb port in the glove box as my ipod is mac formatted (there are lots of us mac users out there!). As the blue and me system is windows based it wont recognise it. I am told by Alfa i need to reformat it to windows but this isnt practical as it connects to my other mac devices ie computers etc. Its a bit frustrating as I bought the car with this system as I live by my ipod!
Has anyone overcome this problem??
Appreciate your help!

N

·
0 Posts
Check the 'pod adaptor sticky thread in the ICE Lounge.

Yet another crApple lock-in gotcha, I'm afraid. :(

N.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just re-format your iPod on a windows PC.

You can use it with your mac without needing to reformat it on the Mac. Software updates can be performed on the Mac without the need to reformat too. Set iTunes to store your music as MP3 and you are away. If the alphabetical listing of albums bugs you you can download a script from a site called dougs scripts that will get iTunes to prefix the track name with the number so everything plays in order.

Wouldn't bother with the extra adaptor as it give you more drawbacks than it actually solves unless you need to use your iPhone to play your music from.

We've got four iPods plus two iPhones between us and they all work fine in our Brera and 159 without the need to buy any extras or do anything too mad.

Slagging Apple off isn't really helpful......the question is where are the advertised blue and me updates that would be made available to support new devices....Ford got them out of M$ but Alfa/Fiat don't seem to have been very bothered to deliver what they promised!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks AndyG...thats v helpful. I hadnt realised you could use a PC formatted ipod on your mac. I have an old ipod...will give it a try on that one before committing fully to my daily ipod! I for one wouldnt criticise Apple...have been a mac user all my computer life. Great products.....as you say, its a shame car manufacturers dont keep up! Cheers mate

·
Registered
636 Posts
I plugged my anroid phone into the USB socket and nothing happens, it shouldn't work right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts