Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

Just bought and fitted an iPod Connect 2 from Dynamic Sounds in Wandsworth to my 156 JTS, 05. Its the original head unit.

Tip 1, Buy the removal key, only £2.99, I spent at least 45 mins trying to take out the head unit and was in danger of causing GBH to the dashboard. Had to make a return visit but was well worth it.

Tips 2, Disconnect the Negative from the battery, I popped the fuse on the head whilst unit mucking around.

Tip 3, Multicore connector/cables comes with a short RED fly cable. This needs connecting to a 12V supply (install instructions are crap). I bought a splice connector from HALFORDS, about £1.50, this works really well. I connected the Red fly cable to the Red supply cable feeding the head unit.

All cables tucked away, head unit re inserted, Negative reattached and away we go.
Everything worked fine, iPod appears as CD changer and works from steering wheel controls.

Reid.

·
Registered
93 Posts
As above. What type of mount/fixing do you guys use for iphone? Im thinking about a brodit :confused: but want something mounted high on the dash without spagehetti hanging all over the facia.

·
Registered
497 Posts
mine goes from the back of the radio along the passenger foot well (behind trim) and out from under the rubber of the little cubby hole to the left of the handbrake and under the arm rest. (hope that makes sense) works quite well for me, saves messing with mounts and its free :) . i did have it coming out from the ashtray but found i got interference with the radio.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi a624v6

I was under the impression that it was plug and go but the engineer in the shop made reference to a cable that needed to be connected somewhere, wasn't paying attention. Got a little confused on installation and called the shop, some smug so&so informed me "if it was a red cable it needed to be connected to a supply". Will recheck tomorrow. My iphone isn't mounted, it lounges under the ash tray.

·
Registered
497 Posts
think mine had a loose wire possibly red, like you i thought id have to hook it up somewhere. but when i pulled the radio out and just plugged it in the back. i tried it before i put it all away (red wire not connected to anything) my phone bleeped to say it was on charge and all controls worked. put it away and its been like it since.:cool:

·
Registered
193 Posts
hi,
looking to this similar mod.
Made my own removal keys (coat hanger) to see whats on the back of my head unit connection wise.

AM i amble to hook an ipod unit up ? would it connect in through the blue connection or the larger empty slot? see pic below

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts