Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GT Cloverleaf with B&M installed. Like other Mac users I am frustrated with the difficulty (impossibility) of getting an iPod to work. I wondered if it might be possible to fit an iPod cable & drawer or whether the B&M connection makes this impossible? I want to keep the B&M for the hands-free phone.

Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Blue & Me cannot be fitted to a GT:confused:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
It is fitted to mine! Bought it new in November
It'll be a dealer fit in built system but not B & M. It's only available on the new generation cars.

Do you have full voice dialling & voice activated media player?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I sit corrected:wow:

A £320 option:cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was already fitted to the car when I bought it. Is it possible to fit an iPod lead if the car is equipped with B&M?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Yes it is. You need the adaptor from Alfa and the 5.4 upgrade.

There's a sticky above on this.

PM Jason from Donald's Alfa (on of our partner dealers) & he'll happily sort you out:thumbs:

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
B&M in a GT. very interesting. :cool:

:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have tried that route, but I can't get a Mac formatted iPod or an iPhone to work. What I was wondering was whether I could fit the iPod connecting cable (usually for non B&M equipped cars) if a B&M unit was connected to the radio/CD player

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know if I can fit the iPod cable for non B&M equipped cars without having to disconnect B&M please?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
The adapter is supposed to allow apple formated products work but relies on the 5.4 firmware upgrade too.

What does your dealer say? Try Jason from Donalds or else buy a cheap mem stick and put your MP3's on there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know if I have the 5.4 update. The dealer says I have the latest version & if I try to update using a USB stick I get Error 10 (which I understand suggests I have the latest version). However, if I plug in a Mac-formatted iPod or iPhone, the device is not recognised & does not charge (I have the dongle thingy). Is there any way forward?

Bill

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
No if you have the update it would install withing 2seconds and complete. the error message is common and its just a case or trying and trying, make sure the usb stick only has those (i think 6) 6 files on it and all doors are shut and that your phone isnt connected to the blue and me :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunately I have tried all that. I have formatted sticks from SanDisk, Lexar, Uncle Tom Cobbely and all! I keep on getting the same result though.
I would love to be able to use my iPod & iPhone, but this is so frustrating!!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
the adaptor will still let you play music but not to the full pontencial but its a common problem we have a customer here that its not working and its a case of trying any usb stick you can get hold of as not all usb sticks work eg - tried one here and it didnt work then customer used his at home and it did! :eek:. or we will all have to wait for the next update :(

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
So can the B&M system now be retro-fitted to the GT? Or is the cost prohibitive?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
for music and blue&me and cost effective a parrot system is better pm me your vin and i will get a price as its chaper through alfa :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like another trip to PC World then!
Am I right in thinking the stick should be FAT formatted rather than FAT 32?
You never know, there might be another update in the not-too-distant future:lol:

Bill

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
for music and blue&me and cost effective a parrot system is better pm me your vin and i will get a price as its chaper through alfa :)
Thanks for the offer-might take you up on that! What model Parrot are you thinking of?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts