Registered
30,126 Posts
Any update on this thread yet?

Waiting with baited breath:D

N

·
0 Posts
I saw these on alfisti.net the other day but
didn't order one because I couldn't see how it worked.

Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Magnethalter "X" schraubbar Magnethalter "Clip-X" - klemmbar 50120

Saw them in Norauto yesteday so bought one.

It has a set of pincers on the back that open and close by screwing
the centre bit at the front. This then grabs to a vent fin.

If you don't have a ferrous bit on your gadget
there are a set of different sized (but small) steel discs
to sick on. (The W995 has a metal foot/clip
which magnetises fine on it's own. :))

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As promised, here's an update.

The Brodit Proclip was just what I wanted. Easy to fit, mount and cradle comes separately. The mount was installed in 1 minute. The cradle also fits perfectly and can be tilted and swivelled in any direction. I bought them both from mountonus.com

Product Name: ProClip for Alfa Romeo Brera (653743)
Product Name: Brodit Passive Car Kit Holder Mount With Tilt Swivel Function for Apple iPhone 3GS (511041)

Total £36.95

Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also like to add, the mount came with 2 plastic spudgers to gently wedge a gap in the centre console and the top air vent so that the mount fits snuggly in them without any damage to them. The whole lot can be removed without any markings.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is the cable coming out the vent?

How easy was that to do?
I used this brave fella's instructions http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...to-change-the-interior-trim-step-by-step.html

I didn't need to remove the whole centre console, just the middle air vent, which is relatively scary because when I tried to pull it with a sharp tug, the vent pieces fell out! Was easy enough to clip them all back on once I got the whole thing out.

I then threaded the iPhone cable through the vent and through the orifice of the vent and dropped it down to the stereo.

My stereo is the original double din front but with a single din unit at the rear, so there was enough space at the rear to hide one of these in there Alfa Romeo Part Shop : Accessories : Alfa BRERA/SPIDER : IPOD LEAD - ££75.00 from Veloces of London

Looks pretty neat, as I don't have a trailing cable going from the glove to the mount as I did before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts