Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
RAC is good when travelling, keeps you upto date with motorway chaos.
Angry Birds....goes without saying really
Twitter...I know I know....awaiting for abuse
Sky Sports News...Vital upto date info minute by minute
Sky Sports TV £7.00 per month gets you all 5 Sky Sports channels, ESPN, SkySportsNews and the Racing Channel
MET Office weather app...Apple's own app is about as accurate Andy Carrol!

Paul

·
Administrator
45,534 Posts
There's been one or two similar threads, so you might find some other suggestions with a search. Here's a few from me though:

Sky Sports football - very good for keeping up with scores, and match descriptions aren't too bad.
ESPN goals - In theory lets you see prem goals scored moments later. Not 3pm kickoffs though.
TuneIn radio - Access to a gajillion internet radio stations.
Pocket Dyno - I've never actually got around to using this, but it's free, and in theory will give you a 0-60 time for your car.
Flashlight - regularly handy.
Natwest - obviously your bank might be different, but they all seem to have a handy app.
IMDB - brilliant!
Sky+ - handy for just checking what's on without covering up part of the screen, or for setting to record when you're not at home.

For games:
Bejewelled
Trainyard EX
Asteroids
Maybe Tripletown...not sure about this yet.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ta both, no Everton apps though Paul :p

I looked on every page in here, couldn't find anything on the subject. Maybe they are still buried in WOT and need shipping over here ;)

Got Angry Birds, facebook, Highways Agency and Autotrader so far. Dont do twitter so that doesnt bother me

Need a football one so will get Sky whatever when i go back on it :)

·
Administrator
45,534 Posts
Ah yes, the last one I can remember predates the tech lounge by a fair way.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
RedLaser is well worth getting - scan a barcode and it will tell you where you can buy it, and at what price. It also reads QR codes.

M

·
0 Posts
My car check is a useful app for checking the basic details of a car, reg date etc. For a few pennies you can get a more thorough HPI check.

Acc weather is a very reliable free weather app.

There are loads of Internet radio apps to pick from, I have Wunder radio which was the best around at the time.

Sky plus recording and sky go are handy.

Around me can be useful in an unfamiliar area, although google maps will do the same thing.

Measures is a useful conversion app that I quite regularly use.

Finay, tapatalk is useful for the odd photo upload to this place :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
NAVIGON Europe. Not cheap at c£50 but as good as any Satnav you'll ever use:)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I use Lynx as it was free with Autoexpress but it's crap compared to Road Angel.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got a few so far, all is well and i have to say i am impressed with the phone its very good

Another slightly related question though, is the music player an iPod of some sort? I have quite a bit of music on it already and am using it in the car via an aux lead. I got a 'made for iPod' head unit for someone at xmas and it works brilliantly so just wondering if this sort of HU will accept an iPhone in the same way, allowing you to control the music from the unit rather than messing with the phone :confused:

·
Administrator
45,534 Posts
Yes, it should be recognised as an iPod.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts