Alfa Romeo Forum banner

iPhone 8 wont pair

Tags
iphone pair
1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SpiderSaint 
#1 ·
I can't get the iPhone 8 to pair, any ideas ? preferably without Apple bashing as that wont help ;0)

I have read the other posts on IOS 11 update problems but they seem to be after the phone and car have paired.
I don't use it for music just hands free calls.

I get the Blue and Me on the phone then the car gives me the code to enter but then nothing.

If its a no go then so be it, just be nice to know I have tried everything.

#2 ·
Try Apple customer service, I couldn't get my car play to work on my Pioneer head unit they were most helpful I love apple products and there customer service but hate them as a company with the phone lead sarger ect.
Incidentally Pioneer getting a slating on customer care and also found them superb to deal with really helpful getting me to try various things whilst on the phone, evrything on the unit was working other than the CarPlay got it sorted in the end by replacing one of the leads it was under warranty but they never asked when I purchased it or my receipt just put a new lead in the post that day.

#5 ·
Ok go here
http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/index.aspx/index.aspx?brand=Alfa Romeo&lang=en#/support/download/

you need to download the first part onto a USB and then put that in the cars USB port it will say downloaded you then go back to the site and upload it

It will then give you an option to download updates but scroll down the pane to make sure you upload the updates in order ie 5.5 then 5.6 if you need 5.6

download or unzip the files back onto the USB stick and then put it in the cars USB port with the key in It will tell you it is downloading and possibly take 10 minutes to do so don't touch anything once its finished it will say so

then you have to re pair your phone

Done

Reactions: SpiderSaint
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.