Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

New to this place but it seems cool. Now, I have an 2011 Giulietta and its just starting to have a couple of issues... the third brake light has lost a few LED's and its now it seems to be ever so dimly lit when on (in day light its hard to see). I suspect it is a LED unit issue rather than a loom issue (although i understand that the looms can be abit troublesome!). How easy is it to swap the LED unit, I assume the plastic casing is removed from the boot and then the unit is accessible... or does the spoiler have to be taken off? Any advice would be great.

In addition, i've recently had a new phone (Iphone7) which won't play music through the Blue&Me.... i use Amazon music and in any other car it isn't a problem. I can connect the phone via bluetooth and use the phone/message options but when i connect the phone to the usb port it won't play the music. Has anyone else had this problem? and if so is it easily sortable? I have read that you can buy an "iphone adaptor" but i'm loathed to do this if it won't solve the problem.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
1. sounds like an earth issue, maybe water ingress.

2. Blue and Me is rubbish.(get the latest update from the blue and me website) The iPhone adapter helps, I will update you in a few days when i collect my new(2011) G as I have just upgraded to iPhone 7 from a 6

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm actually having exactly the same issues ;) Both 3rd brake LED and being unable to stream music to the car. The LED issue will not fail your MOT though as I've found by it passing with flying colours.

To make it worse, I don't have aux port in the glove box ;/. Apparently it's somewhat easy to buy a cable and connect it to the CD changer, however I'm not sure if that's going to work with Apple music/Amazon Music.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Mine wouldn’t play anything from my iPhone 7 until I purchased the Blue&Me adaptor; and now it works perfectly, although I stream via Apple Music.
I’ve heard people even with the adaptor have issues with Spotify, not sure about amazon music

1 - 4 of 4 Posts