Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
Between the 4 and 4S or 4S and 5?
Between the 4 and 4S

The 4S has smoother transitions, probably due to the more powerful gpu, overall iOS5 is just the same on both devices except for the addition of Siri in the 4S which i'll probably never use.

It does have a better camera though and the wifi range seems to be better on the 4S as I can pick it up in area's of my house I can't on both iPad 2 and iPhone 4.

Wifey recently got a 4S as well, she's been a BlackBerry user since they had black and white LCD screens but wanted to try something new, she tried out every phone in the shop and found the iPhone 4S to be the nicest to use for her purposes, she isn't a great fan of the physical design though saying it's a little slab like but it has the features she requires for business use.

Only negatives for her so far are typing on a touchscreen with long fingernails, appalling battery life when 3G is enabled and you can't set the phone to switch off and back on again overnight (which you can on a BlackBerry) so if you want to use the alarm function phone needs to be on.

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
Are you sure? My 4 activates a wake alarm I set if I have turned it off.....
Did it last night, set alarm, switched off phone (hold power button and swipe to switch off) it didn't wake up and alarm didn't go off.

I tried this on my 4 a few months ago a well as someone said it worked and it didn't work then for me either.

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
apple are no longer ahead of the competition in smartphones
Depends on your definition of ahead of the competition, all smartphones are coming to a slowdown in innovation, there's only so much you can do, next big step is faster data access, when 4G actually gets here and if it's implemented well it will be a massive game changer.

Static Data rates of up to 1Gbit/sec hoorah!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,994 Posts
I have a 4S and am due an upgrade. Not sure it is worth it tbh although I do like the panorama photo feature.
If I can get a reasonably priced 18 month (rather than 2 year) contract then I will consider it.

Carphone Warehouse for me on Monday then.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts