Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After posting a few new threads on here (mostly asking for help with fixing problems and niggles on my GTV) it seems that getting Multiscan or other software for diagnostics will make my life a lot easier. However, I only have an old laptop running Windows XP (if you don't remember XP, ask you Grandparents) which isn't up to date enough for Multiscan. Can any diagnostic software be downloaded to an iPad or do I need to splash out on a laptop that isn't from the steam age?

As ever, thanks in advance for any help and advice.

·
Registered
30,198 Posts
Are you sure MultiECUScan won't run on XP ?
It isn't very demanding on the hardware either.
(The official FIAT Examiner system was running on Windows98)

As for iPad: No.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
(The official FIAT Examiner system was running on Windows98)
And it runs even on the old HP Examiner with Windows 3.X as OS.

Multiecuscan and AlfaOBD works fine on Windows XP, perhaps it is the best OS to run them on. :wink_org:

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
I run multiscan on an XP laptop along with opcom diagnostics. The laptop is battered to hell and takes some loading but works fine.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much for the help. I googled multi scan and the first page I opened said Windows 8 or above and I just assumed my laptop would be no good. Where is the best place to buy/download the software and buy a lead for using it?

·
Registered
30,198 Posts
Thanks very much for the help. I googled multi scan and the first page I opened said Windows 8 or above and I just assumed my laptop would be no good. Where is the best place to buy/download the software and buy a lead for using it?
You buy the software direct from them
Multiecuscan - Diagnostics software for Italian cars

Requirements:

Multiecuscan
- A computer that runs Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32/64), Windows 8/8.1 (you may need to install .NET Framework 3.5), Windows 10
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 SP1 (or a newer version). Free, available from Microsoft ? Officiële startpagina.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again for all the help. I'll dust off the laptop and get the software downloaded. Is the free version worth bothering with?

·
Registered
30,198 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers David. I'll order a cable and get it downloaded.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts