Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have problem that Recent calls and Contacts are empty after iPhone update on iOS 13? Using voice control, i can still call anyone in Phone contacts. Havent updated to the latest 13.1.2 though.

Recent calls list get new entries after calls are finished but next time car is used, the list is empty again.

I have old infotainment hardware (2017).

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Anyone else have problem that Recent calls and Contacts are empty after iPhone update on iOS 13? Using voice control, i can still call anyone in Phone contacts. Havent updated to the latest 13.1.2 though.

Recent calls list get new entries after calls are finished but next time car is used, the list is empty again.

My,contacts aren’t showing on infotainment screen since I did the update!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
My,contacts aren’t showing on infotainment screen since I did the update!
After update to iOS 13 I lost contacts from the infotainment system.

To recover, I had to delete the phone from the list of bluetooth devices on the car and delete Alfa Connect from the phone and re-pair.

Sorted OK though I have lost pairing at least once since. Perhaps that was due to the update to 13.1.1. I've not tried 13.1.2 yet.

Andy

·
Registered
113 Posts
After update to iOS 13 I lost contacts from the infotainment system.

To recover, I had to delete the phone from the list of bluetooth devices on the car and delete Alfa Connect from the phone and re-pair.

Sorted OK though I have lost pairing at least once since. Perhaps that was due to the update to 13.1.1. I've not tried 13.1.2 yet.

Andy
This. I've got 13.1.1 & it seems ok so, hopefully, it was the jump to 13 that caused the issue.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can confirm that re-adding iPhone to the devices list fixes the issue with empty contacts list etc..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do have contacts by my favorites have stopped working which is really annoying. Anyone on IOS13 who still has their favorites?

Btw, removing and adding the phone, doesn't seem to help with this.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I do have contacts by my favorites have stopped working which is really annoying. Anyone on IOS13 who still has their favorites?

Btw, removing and adding the phone, doesn't seem to help with this.
I have same problem with my Stelvio. When you remove the phone you remove the favourites so you have to add them back in. Not been having any problems since I did the next update IOS 13.1.2.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I’ve not had any issues UNTIL updating to 13.1.2. Have tried deleting phone and re-adding, with mixed results depending on whether I select ‘all contacts’ or ‘OWA’ (whatever that means)... either pulls through full phone book or just favourites (from my phone), however...

Had all contacts stored this morning after pratting about, but favourites was just showing ‘searching’, with no option to add. When I came back to the car this evening, back to square one (i.e. nothing).

Frustrated - not Alfa’s fault Apple have decided to change something... has worked perfectly for last 2 years

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I’ve not had any issues UNTIL updating to 13.1.2. Have tried deleting phone and re-adding, with mixed results depending on whether I select ‘all contacts’ or ‘OWA’ (whatever that means)... either pulls through full phone book or just favourites (from my phone), however...

Had all contacts stored this morning after pratting about, but favourites was just showing ‘searching’, with no option to add. When I came back to the car this evening, back to square one (i.e. nothing).

Frustrated - not Alfa’s fault Apple have decided to change something... has worked perfectly for last 2 years
I did have problems with the first iOS 13 release, but not with 13.1.2. I've got the early Infotainment system hardware with the latest software for it and an iPhone 7.

I'm updating the phone to 13.1.3 at the moment. Fingers crossed.

Andy

PS having just updated to 13.1.3, I find WiFi Calling is no longer available. Not an Alfa issue I know.

PPS WiFi Calling working again. Probably a Three issue

·
Registered
638 Posts
Right then... no improvement for me - seems to be ok when I first set it up (well, I have contacts but no favourites), but on restart I have nothing.

Rubbish. Anyone had any luck? I’ll check s/w version on car and report back..,

·
Registered
102 Posts

Yes having the same problem with just the favourites not showing did a reset network on the I phone that got me contacts back tried deleting favourites and re adding no joy 😒

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all. Did anyone get a solution on this? I’ve had issues since updating to iOS 13 early oct (currently running .43 software- 17 reg Giulia...Had it booked in to dealership and raised with Alfa with no luck....sort of hoping it’s just a update on the car software will sort...
Has updating the software helped anyone else???

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Haven't had any issues with mine running 13.1.3 & last edition of 002, but then again I don't use favourites -recent calls is what I use (small group of friends ??)

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is quite frustrating. Updated XR to 13.2.2 and have now the contacts but remain without favorites.
Anything else we can do?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts