1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
445 Posts
I install handsfree car kits as part of my job, i installed one of the basic iO play kits the other day with high expectaions, as it looks like a brilliant bit of kit. All i can say is what a let down, having worked primarily with parrot kits the iO is rubbish compared, the only good thing i would say about the iO is that the sound quality with the ipod is excellent.

If your after a handsfree kit that works with a ipod or mp3 player look at the parrot mk6100 kit as it comes with a bluetooth dongle similar to the iO plays one.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The 8200 was launched about 2 months ago, then quickly recalled due to the facia panel not fitting correctly/ and falling off randomly. When it is re-launched it will be a fab bit of kit. The only niggle with it is that the facia panel is a bit on the large side.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a 159 bought second hand recently. It has a non Blue and Me factory standard system. I was just about to succumb to a Parrot (how funny does that sound?) when the bloke advised me to get the i o play.

And how pleased am I? I have got the control unit mounted on the right hand edge of that metal effect strip above the fog lamp buttons where it is unobtrusive and blends really well. When the ignition is on, it automatically pairs with my Samsung phone, and the MP3 player on the phone automatically launches and connects.

The sound quality for the phone is great and although the MP3 stream uses the car speakers, it uses a separate amplifier that's less powerfull than the car's unit. It doesn't matter that much though as the sound quality is great especially for my occassional use.

I also got the complete kit fitted at my workplace in Leeds all in for £150.

So in summary, it's cheap, simple, easy to use and blends in well with the car (which was the main requirement!)

Strongly recommend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts