Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I have joined for good reason.

I have been deciding on my next car and decided it will be the Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 24v V6. Is this a good choice, I would be interested to here your thoughts on the matter?!

I do have a few questions:

1. Some of the 156 2.5 24V V6 are labelled Veloce and Lusso, is there a difference? This completely confuses me.

2. Can any one give me accurate stats on this model as it tends to be varied across the internet.

3. The 156 2.5 24v V6 varies in appearence some have spolier some don't, some have different afla sized alloys. Can anyone explain this to me?

Sorry for all the questions, but I intend to get carried away ;-)

Well thanks for any info I can get on the above questions......

Until next time..... Walshy.

·
Administrator
60,442 Posts
Hi walshy, welcome to this great site. Wow 4 posts:) Post your q in the tech lounge and more people will see it and be able to help you. Cheers:)

M

·
0 Posts
welcome to AO dude...have a search up top, will definently be able to help you out

:)

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Hi Walshy and welcome to AO :)

Yes you've made a good choice.... You'll find the answers to your questions in the 156 tech lounge as advised by BF and CG :)

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
MB...

Ref your new Avatar, don't you know that Crispy Fried Gerbil should always be accompanied by noodles + buttered/minted peas & broad beans!! :rolleyes:

AM

:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello All.

Hello.

I sent a message yesterday but for some reason it did not work?

I am joining this site as I intend to purchase an Alfa Romeo for my next car. I am looking for some advice.....

I would like the specs of the Alfa 156 2.5 24v V6 if anyone can fill me in?

Also, what's the difference between the 156 v6 Lusso and Veloce?

Look forward to your responses..... Brad.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hi there Walshy,
a few answers for you in a nutshell.....

Walshy said:
I have been deciding on my next car and decided it will be the Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 24v V6. Is this a good choice, I would be interested to here your thoughts on the matter?!
It's an excellent choice.... but then I'm a wee bit biased :D
V6 is one of the best engines ever and generally considered to be bulletproof.

Walshy said:
1. Some of the 156 2.5 24V V6 are labelled Veloce and Lusso, is there a difference? This completely confuses me.
Lusso is the 'luxury spec', standard suspension, 15" multihole wheels, interior most likely leather with wood wheel/knob,white faced instruments .
Veloce is the 'sporty' spec, lowered suspension, 16" tele dials, interior could be sports/recaro cloth or leather with leather wheel/knob, orange on black instruments, modest side skirts.

Walshy said:
2. Can any one give me accurate stats on this model as it tends to be varied across the internet.
What stats are you confused about? As far as specs go, Alfas have always had some cross over between variants which leads many a time to 'what model is mine?' sort of questions.... :lol:
Mechanically, the V6 is the same regardless, the only difference being manual or auto.

Walshy said:
3. The 156 2.5 24v V6 varies in appearence some have spolier some don't, some have different afla sized alloys. Can anyone explain this to me?
As standard no 156 has a boot spoiler, these are either factory options (low or BGFOW) or aftermarket. The Veloce has small modest side skirts, anything else is added later. Standard wheels are as noted above, there were some other optional ones, most commonly 16" selespeed and 17" tele's.

Hope this mini appaisal is of some use, good luck with yuor search :)

Oh and if you want my recommendation, all I will say is a standard Veloce is a thing of beauty.... :cool: :D

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts