Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shortly I want to introduce myself and my car of course. I'm from the Netherlands, male, 35 years old. Last year March I bought an Alfa 147GTA. And still I don't regret my choice. It is my first Italian car (before a Peugeot 206 GTI) but it really drives perfect. The engine is performing great and the sound, woooow, the nicest V6 sound I'm almost sure. Till now it is almost the standard Alfa 147GTA, I only changed the original GTA-rims to wintertyres and I bought 18" Madeno Racing. And since a couple of weeks a K&N 57i kit, that will be changed to a K&N cold-air Typhoon somewhere end of this year. Thats it!
Cheers,
Wim ;)

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Welcome :) The GTA is a lovely car. Have a search on the site for posts on the K&N filter though, don't know specifically about the GTA but certainly for the t-sparks they seem to be detrimental to performance.

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
Wim,

"Welkom op het meest fantastische Alfa Romeo forum op het net!"

The GTA is a true powerfull beast with a very sexy design! Maybe you could attend the Alfa Romeo 147 meeting that will be held in the Netherlands in october this year. And don't worry, it's not your everyday Golf GTI meeting :lol:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Welcome on board and what a great car. That V6 sure does do things to me, last of the Arese works of art. Future V6's come wih a side order of plastic. Be carefull of that K&N; great performance versus messed up MAF.

Are you going to Zandvoort next month? I'm toying with the idea myself.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO, nice starter Alfa you've got there. ;) :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
v6junky said:
Welcome on board and what a great car. That V6 sure does do things to me, last of the Arese works of art. Future V6's come wih a side order of plastic. Be carefull of that K&N; great performance versus messed up MAF.

Are you going to Zandvoort next month? I'm toying with the idea myself.
Thanks for your reaction, what do you mean with messed up MAF exactly?

And indeed when you mean the meeting in Zandvoort on 3/4th of september, the so called "Spettacolo Sportivo 2005", I will be there on the fourth. Last year it was a very nice event.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
selespeed said:
Wim,

Welcome on AlfaOwner. I can recommend attending the 147 Meetings, more info and registration form on www.selespeed.info

Hans
Thanks for the welcome, I of course already know the selespeed.info site that is also very nice. Are the 147 meetings indeed worthwhile visiting?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mel Bonkers said:
Wim,

"Welkom op het meest fantastische Alfa Romeo forum op het net!"

The GTA is a true powerfull beast with a very sexy design! Maybe you could attend the Alfa Romeo 147 meeting that will be held in the Netherlands in october this year. And don't worry, it's not your everyday Golf GTI meeting :lol:
Thanks for the welcome and invitation. Where can I find more information from this meeting? And you are right I'm not waiting for a Golf GTI or almost worse a Astra GTC-OPC (glad that Opel and Fiat don't cooperate anymore)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Hi, welcome to AO :)

Lovely car, the wheels look good :cool:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Hello :)

Welcome to AO :D

Your car looks great :cool:

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
WimdeBij said:
Are the 147 meetings indeed worthwhile visiting?
Absolutely!

Usually the meetings start at an Alfa dealership and from there we take our cars for a trip of ~ 140 kms and have diner afterwards. Take a look of some (photo) reports of the previous meetings to get an idea.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your "trip"... ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts