Alfa Romeo Forum banner

801 - 820 of 1009 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Fullfillingnesses First Fianle

Just to finish this up.

Bonello's charged £679 that's with the VAT included.

For that I got a cam belt change, tensioner, spark plugs, water pump, oil service and the top half of the o/s front suspension sorted.

For another day - bottom half of the front suspension needs looking at but no rush, new radiator (and thermostat). They gave a free Litre of Selenia to take home and I mentioned I'd got a new badge for the front in the post and did he have any tips as I'd heard it was a pain to take the old badge off. He just tiold me to bring the car round after work some time and he would just do it for me.

Very happy and the car drives good, but all i could think about was getting the bottom part of the suspension suspension sorted.

Asked if I could take a couple of pics of the garage and they were cool about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all, new to alfaowner but I've found the technical forums very useful in the past couple of weeks so I thought I'd now have a look at the North East forum and say hello to AONE!

I bought my first Alfa earlier this month after viewing quite a few examples. Brera JTDM SV in alfa silver with red / creme interior and 18" horseshoe style alloys. Haven't had a great deal of time to enjoy it yet due to the January weather and it's been back in at the dealer's workshop since Saturday in an attempt to rectify a few niggles...

Living in Northumberland but I commute to Newcastle most days, hope to recognise some of you and your cars out and about! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi All, Just Joined AO and got myself a 2001 GTV 2.0 TS yesterday. Broke down on the test drive, but after making it home with a new Auxiliary belt on, its now sat in the garage until I can find someone to do the Timing belt etc. It has only done 40K but the belts were last done over 5 years ago. It's just been hibernating in a Barn!

Hope to catch up when some runs are organised.

Sigy

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi all, Mark here, I'm in Hartlepool and drive a GT 2.0 JTS, and I'm restoring a 1975 Giulia GT Junior 1.6 105 Series. It was parked in a garage in 1986 and forgotten about. The underside is in remarkably solid condition, but the wings need a lot of work and the boot lid needs replacing. My biggest problem is space, its in my single car garage at home. Anyway, wish me luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there
My name's Emma and I live in the Crook area. I bought my first alfa nearly tow years ago, a GTV 2.0 twinspark. A couple of months later, my dad bought a 156 2.4 jtd and about a year ago we bought my mam a 156 sw 2.4 jtd to transport the dogs. Great performance from them and people just don't expect it! Unfortunatley, I find that the GTV is the most temperamental lol.

801 - 820 of 1009 Posts