Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Insurance renewal time again, thought this year would get some competitive quotes...

However....

It would appear that my current insurer LV is coming in £180 cheaper than the following..

Adrian Flux
The AA
Churchill
Admiral
Axa
Directline

There is a good reason it turns out, LV accepts that the GTV is a 4 seater ,the rest with the exception of Adrian Flux wouldnt, Adrian Flux were just too expensive(please dont contact me i'm not interested!!! even with AO membership discount).

The moral of the story? god knows? just make sure if you get a quote for a GTV make sure you tell the company it has 4 seats despite how impractical the rear seat are...

Anyway the good news, for me anyway LV £250 fully comp protected no claims not bad for a 45yr old diabetic with unlimited mileage living in ruralish Cheshire....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Mines £1300 from Adrian Flux, cheapest I found anywhere. Never had any claims/convictions and totally clean licence. Although I am 22 ;)

I look forward to the day I can renew for £250...

How on earth are you getting almost 40mpg from a gtv by the way?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm 21, Admiral insurance £1050 for my v6 10000 miles per year.

3 years no claims no accident history

£500 excess though..

and no 3rd party cover on other cars :cry:

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm 21, Admiral insurance £1050 for my v6 10000 miles per year.

3 years no claims no accident history

£500 excess though..

and no 3rd party cover on other cars :cry:
Hmm, my excess is £500 + £250 young drivers. No 3rd party cover either and no protected NCB. Admiral were offering about £2000. Wonder how you got yours so much cheaper? I'd consider moving from Adrian flux if they hadn't just given me a great second vehicle policy on my campervan.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its only a Twin Spark, but Autodelta remap and run it at a moderate setting while commuting...but i travel on the M6 daily and normal commuting speed of traffic is about 50-60 mph so it helps..

·
Registered
518 Posts
Its only a Twin Spark, but Autodelta remap and run it at a moderate setting while commuting...but i travel on the M6 daily and normal commuting speed of traffic is about 50-60 mph so it helps..
Fair enough, if only the V6 could manage that :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
My quote was £280 fully comp with no N/C bonus, limited mileage to 3k per year. With all mods mentioned!!
I'm 32 (but look 22) :D

·
Registered
566 Posts
My quote was £280 fully comp with no N/C bonus, limited mileage to 3k per year. With all mods mentioned!!
I'm 32 (but look 22) :D
Is that for a V6 and who's it with? I'm shopping around too!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
120 Posts
im 23 have a clean licence 6 year no claims (in the isle of man you can drive when your 16) fully comp i pay £220 a year :cool:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Ah, DAMN YOU ALL

TPF&T cover, 147 1.6 T Spark Lusso 5 door...£4800 a year. No points. :(
It'll sound strange but TPF&F is usually more expensive than fully comp

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
thats odd i just got an online quote of 550 (LV) which admittedly is 20 quid cheaper than my present insurer. Im 61 look 31 and have trouble getting in the gtv 3.0 these days. I live in sunny Brum . Think these people (insurers) make it up........or make a mistake :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts