Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, who of you is using Internet Explorer as their default browser? And those that do, who are suffering from IE crashing when trying to access some of the topics on the forum?
The reason for me asking is that, yesterday at home, I wasn’t able to open about 70% of the topics without my IE crashing (it’s the latest version with all the updates BTW)
I’ve tried almost everything, and in the end, out of sheer frustration, I just installed Netscape. Guess what? Everything’s working fine now :confused:
And apparently, I’m not the only suffering from this. Mel’s experiencing the same problems
Strange thing is, I’m using IE on my laptop too and there, everything seems to be working fine :confused: again
Only difference is: home computer is Windows XP home edition, laptop is Windows XP Professional
Which one of you IT nerds will shed his light on this matter? wink

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I get it too from time to time.... in IE6 SP1, both on my home laptop (XP Pro SP1) as on my work PC (Windows 2000 SP4).

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> freezing when accessing <hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is that already that cold in Belgium, Wimmy? :confused: wink

I never had that problem and usually I have a lot of opened windows (like now, I have 7!).

My guess is that there's a corrupted file somewhere in your system related with IE or some plug in and, after you install NN it was updated.

Do you have something else working at the same time?

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
uninstall Netscape --> install Mozilla :p

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just for the record: I'm not talking about IE crashing AFTER you posted a message (I get that sometimes too wink )
With this problem, I can't even open certain threads

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by THROTTLEMAN:

My guess is that there's a corrupted file somewhere in your system related with IE or some plug in and, after you install NN it was updated.
[/QB]<hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good tip this.. I never tried IE after I installed Netscape, since I used Netscape to acces the forum from then on.. I'll see tonight if I still have the same problem with IE after the installation of Netscape

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wimster:
<strong>just for the record: I'm not talking about IE crashing AFTER you posted a message (I get that sometimes too wink )
With this problem, I can't even open certain threads</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Only have the crash when posting, not when viewing

Config1;
WIN95 with MSIE 5.5 Sp2

Config2;
WINXPPro with MSIE 6.0 Sp?

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ivo:
<strong>Only have the crash when posting, not when viewing</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So Ivo, you have a post boosting controller? laughing

Wimmy, you try if it's working now. It's not the first case I've heard. If not... reinstall ie :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts