Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have been sent details of the Internationales Boxertreffen (International Boxer Meeting) for 2012.
This will take place 21-24 September 2012 at Natur-Ferienpark Am Holsterturm, D-33039 Nieheim. This is primarily for Boxer engined cars, and of course the Alfasud celebrates it's 40th Birthday. Also, 155s are being invited as it's their 20th Birthday.
So come on, lets get more people from the UK going this year, my friend's and i from Somerset and Devon have been the only UK attendees the last few times.
Past attendeses have come from Switzerland, Denmark and Holland and of course Germany.
The organisation is always good, look up the venue, the accomodation looks good, the food has always been excellent.They organise long drives, usually ending at an interesting place, last time it was a long downhill luge on little trollies down a stainless steel track, it was fast. There is a dinner, disco, much drinking (weiss beer), a lot of fun, so come on, put it in your diaries. I promised Bodo, the organiser, that i would try to drum up some interest.
So who is interested?:thumbs:

·
Registered
725 Posts
I plan to be there with my Minari. There may well be a few Minaris on the trip as the event is going to be in the Minari Register year plan for 2012.

I went to this event a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I even bagged a trophy for being the 'furthest travelled' - beating Dralf by a couple of kilometers!
Cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have been sent details of the Internationales Boxertreffen (International Boxer Meeting) for 2012.
This will take place 21-24 September 2012 at Natur-Ferienpark Am Holsterturm, D-33039 Nieheim. This is primarily for Boxer engined cars, and of course the Alfasud celebrates it's 40th Birthday. Also, 155s are being invited as it's their 20th Birthday.
So come on, lets get more people from the UK going this year, my friend's and i from Somerset and Devon have been the only UK attendees the last few times.
Past attendeses have come from Switzerland, Denmark and Holland and of course Germany.
The organisation is always good, look up the venue, the accomodation looks good, the food has always been excellent.They organise long drives, usually ending at an interesting place, last time it was a long downhill luge on little trollies down a stainless steel track, it was fast. There is a dinner, disco, much drinking (weiss beer), a lot of fun, so come on, put it in your diaries. I promised Bodo, the organiser, that i would try to drum up some interest.
So who is interested?:thumbs:
Nick I'm definitely interested. Any indicative itineraries?
We might get a few guys from Republic of Ireland to catch up with you somewhere along the way....

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi roarsbaby, i beleive we chatted at shelsley a couple of years back.
When i get any further info i will post it here.
Great if you can get a strong Republic of Ireland contingent.

Nick

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Hi roarsbaby, i beleive we chatted at shelsley a couple of years back.
When i get any further info i will post it here.
Great if you can get a strong Republic of Ireland contingent.

Nick
Correct and right - that was me at Shelsley.

I've posted about in the ROI section and I think we might get a few.
I have priced ferries but we have two choices really:
1) ferry to Cherbourg and then 10 hr drive
2) drive Holyhead to Dover (6.5 hours) and then Oostend to the meet (5 hours)

Guessing the latter would make more sense for 'convoying' but let's see how it progresses...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all, hopefully i have managed to attach a PDF giving booking details for the Internationales Boxertreffen 2012. You will see it is in three languages, German, Dutch and English. Anyone else planning on going?

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
8 of us from the UK, two Alfasud Ti, series 1. One Alfa 90, one Alfa GTV 3.0 (916), one Minari.
Should be good fun :)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I don't know All of the cars but i know 1 Zender Sprint ( mine) 1 Alfasud QO, 1 original Alfasud S1 ti (Peter Dyrlund) 2 Alfa 33 QV S1, 1 Alfasud Sprint 1983. Yes it will be fun :)

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Safe trip guys - disappointed not to be joining you!
Looking forward to the photos!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts