Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I'm Rob and I've been living in the Netherlands for 21 years, in January of this year (2007) did I move to Helsinki (Finland) to study for my Bachalor of Business Administration (with a major in Marketing).

I'm driving already Alfa Romeo's since 2 weeks before I turned 18 (the age limit for getting a driving licence in the Netherlands). After 5 weeks of practicing I passed the test in once. Finally I could enjoy my '94 33 1.4 IE Imola, with Remus pipe, resprayed rims, fresh leather drivers seat (there was a hole in it). With only 128.000kilomiters after 9 years. I bought it from the first owner who was quiet a dull man who drove very slow. So it took me some time to make the car run a bit fast. After a couple of months I had to buy a Squadra chip, which made the car a little bit faster.

Then I found out that the headgasket was broken, and the shockabsorbers also became a bit soft. So after 8 months I had to sell it again :cry: there was a second reason for that, I was doing an internship, and they gave me a brand new Mercedes C220 CDI Avantgarde Automatic. And as a student, keeping a second car is a bit expensive.

After 6 months I had to return the Mercedes, which by that time was already a E320 cdi (I still could not like these cars), then my father gave me his Opel Zafira of his work, because we lived only 5min from there by bike and I had to go 45min by car to school (2h by public transport), this was maybe one of the most boring en least reliable cars I've ever driven. After a year there was another internship, this time the wouldn't give me a car (to bad, I like Jaguars), so I bought a Volvo 440 for 75 euro's :p which was the biggest mistake of my life. After one moth I wrecked it in the snow (on purpose), I fixed a new front end in there for 100 euro's and sold it for 480 euro's again. After buying my dream car since I was 16.

I bought my 1993 Alfa Romeo 155 1.8 TS 8v in (130) Alfa Rosso (this was in march 2005). It stood on 14" steel rims, wasn't shiny anywhere, somebody smoked in the car a lot. But it was very cheap, everything was working and the history was complete. After a week I mounted a strutbar, another month later some 16" rims, in the summer I bought better speakers and I polished the whole car. In the autumn another Squadra chip passed my fingers, giving my 127ps 1.8 140-145ps, making it noticable faster. Then 45mm lowering and yellow koni's where mounted, together with 17" TSW rims, running on Pirelli P Zere Nero's.

I bought the car with 175.000kms, now after not even 2 years it passed the 235.000 already. And I had no problems what so ever with it :D

Now I live in Helsinki and I had to leave my Alfa Romeo in the garage with my fathers Triumph TR6 (1970) and VW Beetle (1953). But I have enough time now to make plans to build my own Alfa Romeo engine. :cool:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Welcome to AO. :)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts