Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 156 there was a noticable difference between the four settings, but on the GT there is little difference between the four.

The slowest setting seems far too fast. Is this normal or do I have a problem?

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
I agree I also dont see a major difference between the four settings, however I feel that its too SLOW (contrary to Glasglowblue) esp in heavy rain

N

·
0 Posts
If there is no speed difference then they are probably automatic ones.#and the "speed" setting actually becomes the "wetness-sensitivity".

;-)

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
as above: is your car fitted with 'rain sensing wipers'?

yes, you can override it (kind of), but just checking if you're 'using' them as you think you are. ;)

:)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, but I'm pretty sure I don't have automatic wipers.

The problem is they are going too often and juddering on the dry window. There is no setting that seems to be longer than about 2 seconds.

·
Registered
225 Posts
its normal, there isn't a huge amount of time difference btween the wipes on mine either.

too short between wipes on the lowest setting, seems daft!

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
Not trying to be funny - but recent weather has shown that they are quite good - when driving fast in mist - toggled round to quickest setting is ideal - when trundlig in slow traffic - slowing it down can be done by changing the setting - mine seem OK :)

Chris

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yup - something I've noticed on mine, too, that the intermittent wipers are too fast! If it's lightly drizzling, then the slowest setting is still too fast and it keeps smearing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm fairly new to the forum so hi everyone! But.. I agree, on the slowest setting they are still too fast. My GT doesn't have 'rain sensing wipers', they are just standard manual. Does anyone know how to adjust the speed of the intermittence? (that's not a word!)

Perhaps you can change the relay to slow it down? If anyone can shed any light onto this it would be much appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts