Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it says really, only getting this issue on cold mornings, doesn't seem affected by damp weather. It then wont rev cleanly. After between 2 and 5 restarts it goes away, and the car drives fine.
I sort of suspect the maf, as its a non genuine version, but there aren't any flat spots when driving. only an occasional cough at low rpm in 2nd and 3rd.

Any ideas? Its one of those persistent niggles that eats away at my contentment!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Try cleaning and spraying ALL wiring connectors under the bonnet..remember to open all the connections and check for dirty connections and then spray them..use electrical contact cleaner, then wd40 or equivalent..water will get in mist places, but cold makes it worse (plastic shrinks) and lets moisture in..

Cant see it being a MAF problem, as for the "cough", try the coil packs and wiring to them..again, clean and spray..

Hope this helps...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Andy, I'm gonna go out and spend a couple of hours doing as you suggest, wish me luck! pishing it down today too!

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi fascinating. Just bought my first Alfa(I suspect something of a shed) had the injector intermittent problem, coldish/dampish this morning. Many thanks for the idea of cleaner and WD40 - worth replacing all the rubber covers ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts