Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone help with an intermitant fuel leak that is comming fom the lower end of the vapour release pipe. It only apears to occur after driving for a short distance and coming to a hault. I can't get it to happen by just running the car in the driveway. Beore i attempt to dismantle everything I can get a spanner to is any one aware of this problem and where i should start looking. I've asked my trusted Alfa mechanic (very good, very expensive, not local) and he has not come accross it before. Bring it in he says, yeh last time I did that it took all day to find the problem, 10 minutes to fix, only got charged half a day though but still expensive. Anway, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the fuel pipes corrode as they turn up at the bulkhead.
On my 1st 155, I broke off the corroded section and replaced it with high pressure fuel hose. The hose running from the "good" bit of metal pipe right up to the fuel rail.

Hope that helps :)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marlon, I've replaced the fuel hose on both sides of the fuel rail that feeds the injectors already. Am I thinking of the right place? As far as I can tell from a very poor PDF of a the workshop manual the vapour release pipe feeds a "mutipurpose valve" that in turn feeds the vapour collection canister located at the front of the car just in front of the drivers side front wheel accesable from underneath. I'm not entirely sure that I have ths correct which is why I am reluctant to start dismantleing things. I suspect that it is the "multi purpose valve" that is at fault. By the way the infector light on the dash comes on and off but does not appear to have any relation towhen the fuel is leaking.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pipes that corrode are on the drivers side under the floor pan. You'll see the pipes if you look underneath. The then turn up at the bulkhead and dissapear to various bits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts