Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We spend a lot of time and hard earned cash on the mechanicals of out 916s, but what about the interior? For example coloured stitching for the leather, funky steering wheel etc... Anyone customised their 916, and how? 🍀

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Chrome roll hoops, leather arm rest with matching handbrake & gear stick gaiters with grey stitching and stainless steel sill covers on the Spider. Totally Alfa Zender pedals & footrest, new stereo and after market speakers in both. Re-trimmed steering wheel in the GTV (and stainless sill trims waiting to be fitted). I think that’s it on the interiors.

Reactions: soolka

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks very cool, some nice touches there. Where did you get steering wheel and arm rest recovered?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Replaced the Phase 1 cloth interior with a full Phase 2 white/cream interior. Removed gunky rubberised centre console paint and had sprayed gloss black. Fitted rare Phase 1 option dark wood gear knob. Personally turned and had powder coated satin black heater knob covers.
DSC_1178 (1).jpg
DSC_0053.jpg
DSC_0052.jpg
DSC_1177 (1).jpg
DSC_1179.jpg

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Looks very cool, some nice touches there. Where did you get steering wheel and arm rest recovered?
Thanks. The steering wheel was an eBay bargain. The photos were quite poor but it looked like it had been re-trimmed so I took a gamble and paid about £75 I think. Royal (or it might be Royale) in Aylesbury have a very good reputation for doing this sort of work and are highly recommended. You can choose what material for the top, bottom and sides, stitching colour etc. I did a how to on fitting the wheel...

The arm rest I got from GTV City on Facebook with the matching gaiters for a very good price. I assume it came off one of the cars they were breaking but I think it is something like this...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replaced the Phase 1 cloth interior with a full Phase 2 white/cream interior. Removed gunky rubberised centre console paint and had sprayed gloss black. Fitted rare Phase 1 option dark wood gear knob. Personally turned and had powder coated satin black heater knob covers. View attachment 940543 View attachment 940544 View attachment 940545 View attachment 940546 View attachment 940547
Brilliant, that looks good. The red and white interior is a good choice and unique.. 🍀

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. The steering wheel was an eBay bargain. The photos were quite poor but it looked like it had been re-trimmed so I took a gamble and paid about £75 I think. Royal (or it might be Royale) in Aylesbury have a very good reputation for doing this sort of work and are highly recommended. You can choose what material for the top, bottom and sides, stitching colour etc. I did a how to on fitting the wheel...

The arm rest I got from GTV City on Facebook with the matching gaiters for a very good price. I assume it came off one of the cars they were breaking but I think it is something like this...

Thanks for info.... 🍀

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Fairly basic changes only. Leather gear and handbrake gaiters, stainless sill covers (which I know ought to go on the sloping part but I put mine on the horizontal part as that’s where there would be scrapes), alloy door pins, Sony DAB radio and a piece of tan leather at the side of the driver’s footwell as I found the side of my shoes were leaving marks on the tan carpet by the accelerator pedal. Genuine mats with a brand new set in reserve. Then all kept clean.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Best interior upgrade i've done recently is new stereo
Nice and uncluttered ,but the best bit is the display. Due to the angle of fitment (ph1) most screens become near illegible in daylight with the roof down,this one is fine,even with my declining, old man eyesight.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Replaced the Phase 1 cloth interior with a full Phase 2 white/cream interior. Removed gunky rubberised centre console paint and had sprayed gloss black. Fitted rare Phase 1 option dark wood gear knob. Personally turned and had powder coated satin black heater knob covers. View attachment 940543 View attachment 940544 View attachment 940545 View attachment 940546 View attachment 940547
The phase 1 centre console is far out man, if you get my drift it's the real thing..... Makes the phase 3 console look a bit vanilla...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes though I have bypassed the airbag with a resistor and will be resetting the ECU to remove the airbag warning light.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I did a bit of reading up on airbags a while back; if they are fitted the must work but don’t have to be fitted (this may have changed for new cars as I checked a couple of years ago). The example they gave was that there is a minimum safe distance you need to be from an airbag when it deploys. If you can’t sit far enough away then the airbag needs to be removed (rather than disconnected). You insurance company on the other hand may not be so keen on the removal of a safety device.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure about the UK but in Malta, the insurance company has no way of knowing about this modification. Even during our MOT this would go pretty much unnoticed..

·
Registered
521 Posts
I did a bit of reading up on airbags a while back; if they are fitted the must work but don’t have to be fitted (this may have changed for new cars as I checked a couple of years ago). The example they gave was that there is a minimum safe distance you need to be from an airbag when it deploys. If you can’t sit far enough away then the airbag needs to be removed (rather than disconnected). You insurance company on the other hand may not be so keen on the removal of a safety device.
I think it comes down to having an understanding MOT tester! Unless the car has been heavily modified for rallying, track etc (roll cage, racing seats etc) it should be a fail.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts