Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Courtesy of Google translate (wouldn't want you getting into trouble there Cue!!!)

Like the exterior design , the development of interior design has benefited from a very tight schedule . The stylistic research phase began in November 2007, about six months before the gel interior design that was done in April 2008.

"The goal was simple, it was necessary to create an ergonomic interior , emotional and spacious " says the chief interior designer for Alfa Romeo Ramon Ginah . Once again , the theme of horizontality back into the interior design language . This helps to create a well- being. This also allows to divide certain areas of the center console in order to identify the different functions more easily.

The designers have not been idle , different interiors were born in scale model 1 , in order to better visualize the different proposals oriented driver comfort , as well as the design of the center console.

Ergonomics is the heart of the thinking of designers. This car is not made for a young single man , but it is a car designed for an entire family . A major problem of the Alfa Romeo 159 was the lack of space in the cabin ; that is why the designers of the Giulietta working on this very important point for a family car .

·
Registered
38,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The next page , including the vital sketch
Retour sur la création de la Giulietta d'Alfa Romeo (4/4) - Autoblog FR
The seats were designated specifically for this model . "We really worked hard with the engineers on the structure of dressing doors- you can see that it is really very fine. With this design we have lost 9kg " ad Ginah . "The doors are symmetric with some continuity in graphics . This is typically the opposite of what Fiat would. do you even lift

Alfa Romeo aims to open up to other markets such as the United States . The CEO plans to replace the 159, creating two Crossovers and a new Spider model to join the battle against the Giulietta prepares German cars .

Alfa Romeo The fact is able to create a model as complete as the Giulietta in so little time gives hope for the future. Other brands have better watch out , Alfa Romeo returns in force !

G

·
Just a shame that the dashboard trim wasn't thought out a little more in terms of preventing rattles. Both the 14 and 64 plate cars I've driven rattle - The 14 plate with 8k on the clock rattles constantly when moving. Not helped by the Diesel engine I'm sure, but a bit of padding between where the trim meets the dash would surely help.

·
Registered
38,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's the meeting of many plastics and metal of differing thermal expansion and contraction. Putting things in gaps may work in winter bu not so well in summer?

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Just a shame that the dashboard trim wasn't thought out a little more in terms of preventing rattles. Both the 14 and 64 plate cars I've driven rattle - The 14 plate with 8k on the clock rattles constantly when moving. Not helped by the Diesel engine I'm sure, but a bit of padding between where the trim meets the dash would surely help.
If that's what it is - the main culprit on everyone that I have driven is the trim on top of the dash panel wit the speaker vent in it.

G

·
It's the meeting of many plastics and metal of differing thermal expansion and contraction. Putting things in gaps may work in winter bu not so well in summer?
Absolutely agree that it's two or more materials meeting that causes it, but it's a shame rattles appear to surface so early in the life of the car. It's not just Alfa to be fair, as my Mazda developed a few rattles early on, but not 500 miles early. And none of my previous German cars suffered from interior rattles.

G

·
If that's what it is - the main culprit on everyone that I have driven is the trim on top of the dash panel wit the speaker vent in it.
Speaker vent? Do you mean where there's a storage compartment on mine, top centre of the dash?

On my courtesy car it's definitely the long front dash trim, as when I apply pressure to the passenger's side it stops.

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Speaker vent? Do you mean where there's a storage compartment on mine, top centre of the dash?......
No, between that and the windscreen. The piece clips in and seems to go banana shaped in the sun, meaning that it rattles.

As far as that trim is concerned there may/not be a screw holding it in place. All mine have had one, but not everybody's does. To check, try undoing the screw & either pushing it in closer or pulling it away a bit and retightening. That's the screw behing the grommet in the roof of the glovebox. If there isn't one there, then that could be your problem - captive nut and self tapper required!!

G

·
No, between that and the windscreen. The piece clips in and seems to go banana shaped in the sun, meaning that it rattles.

As far as that trim is concerned there may/not be a screw holding it in place. All mine have had one, but not everybody's does. To check, try undoing the screw & either pushing it in closer or pulling it away a bit and retightening. That's the screw behing the grommet in the roof of the glovebox. If there isn't one there, then that could be your problem - captive nut and self tapper required!!
Thanks for that. So that screw is for the trim that I was describing - The long trim that goes the full length of the dash, right the way over to the driver's headlight adjuster buttons?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts