Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three of the rear heater elements on the wife's SW are damaged (by us through stuffing the car with camping gear in September:eek: ).

Hence, the warranty doesn't cover it:(

Rather than replace the screen (a tad excessive IMHO), I've been toying with using one of these:-

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/204747/antimists.html

The rainx one is easy to get hold of but the comma test winner is far harder to get hold of locally.

Anyone experienced any of them? They review well:cool:

Thanks,

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Not a lot of joy with these personally, but worth a try,---Maplin do a conductive paint, not sure about the colour, used with moderate success in the past.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ta. I've thought about the paint but TBH, we use the heater so infrequently it's not really worth the hassle. IIRC, Wrinx was going to give it a go on his new SW :confused:

I can buy the comma stuff on line but will get clobbered for postage :eek:

H

·
0 Posts
Been Using rainex for years both inside and out sheds water like a goodun and helps reduce condensation build up but you do have to repeat it about every 4 to 6 weeks in the winter for it to be effective.

·
Administrator
23,076 Posts
Before I got the GTV I drove a Series 3 Landrover. In the Winter it was best not to breathe as the resultant condensation made the windscreen totally opaque. So I used to use an anti mist solution from Halfords - it worked.

Recently all of the climate/heating controls failed on said GTV and I had the same problem - luckily I had some of the Halfords stuff left - wipe on with a cloth, polish off - and, guess what, it worked - I might have been frozen but at least I could see where I was going.

Try it - only a couple of quid.

Paul.

A

·
0 Posts
Read the auto express test at lunch time and got some rainex anti fog this afternoon.Used it on the 146 and it works really well, if a bit smeary. I was able to have heat on my feet instead of the screen for the first time in weeks!
I liked your comment on the land rover Paul it reminded me of a MK 2 jag I owned years ago, I actually bought an overcoat as well as some anti mist fluid, it did have Smiths stick on rear screen heater though.Whoops... showing my age there

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Easier fix - don't be a tight arse and pay for a hotel instead :D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nev said:
You wouldn't catch SR dead in a hotel!!

:)
Hotels are OK for a few nights. For 3 weeks plus though you need a tent:cool:

When you add it all up, camping (or the way we do it) probably works out dearer than Hotels but it's nice to have your own stuff:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts