Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i have been looking for a decent red leather interior for my GTV, i thought i had seen one on ebay, but the timing was rubbish for the funds, and it has gone :cry:
anyway, i had a thought - what about retrimming the seats i have in red leather! here is the problem - is it a good idea? and has anyone had it done? also, what sort of price am i looking at? any help / advice would be great. :thumbs:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi,

I am looking for exacly the same interior :) Last week I saw one on E-bay and it went for £150. There was the tan interior and went for £52 just a few days ago.

·
Registered
124 Posts
hi all, i have been looking for a decent red leather interior for my GTV, i thought i had seen one on ebay, but the timing was rubbish for the funds, and it has gone :cry:
anyway, i had a thought - what about retrimming the seats i have in red leather! here is the problem - is it a good idea? and has anyone had it done? also, what sort of price am i looking at? any help / advice would be great. :thumbs:
If you take into consideration you would need to do the doorcards as well I would have thought it would cost quite a bit (£700 would be my guess) you may get it done cheaper if you just get leather put over the top of your cloth but it will not sit right.

May be best to hold tight and wait for a used set to come around

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hi mate, I would quite be quite happy to have a chat with my mate who is a superb trimmer for you. Where in Bedford are you as he is in Letchworth. He does an amazing job with all sorts of materials so he can accomodate most budgets. I can forward some pics on to you if you like? Phil is a great guy and will not do any selling as he prefers happy people/customers, he'll only ever advise. kev

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi kev,
i am in shefford, so not far from letchworth at all. all i am after is a ball park figure for recovering 4 seats in red leather. if you could ask that would be cool, thanks :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
If you take into consideration you would need to do the doorcards as well I would have thought it would cost quite a bit (£700 would be my guess) you may get it done cheaper if you just get leather put over the top of your cloth but it will not sit right.

May be best to hold tight and wait for a used set to come around
+1. It would be far cheaper to get a second hand one and it would be a proper Alfa interior. Have you tried Autolusso?

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haven't got round to calling Ned yet, but that is an idea. the other thing i was thinking about (opinions welcome - good or bad!) the possibilty of doing the bolsters in black, with silver centre section. the car is silver with black dash etc. what do you guys think? i knoe it wont be original alfa spec, but it would be individual. i just don't want it looking too Barry :lol:

·
Registered
6,740 Posts

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damn, ended! i have mailed the guy about the interior though, fingers crossed. plus, in the very small print at the bottom i noticed the words 'this auction is for a grommet - 1p' sneaky.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts