Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - these aren't very bright, is there a LED equivalent ?, also how do you make them stay on longer when using the remote or pulling the key? - its hopelessly short at the moment, and finally how do you get the covers off to change the bulbs ? - thanks

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Hi all - these aren't very bright, is there a LED equivalent ?, also how do you make them stay on longer when using the remote or pulling the key? - its hopelessly short at the moment, and finally how do you get the covers off to change the bulbs ? - thanks
Let me think back to my 147 :unsure:. The interior bulbs if I recall correctly are type 264 (42mm) and are available in LED form, but I can't say how the 147s canbus electrics copes with them. From memory the internal lights are controlled by the front roof light fixture and once the ignition is off the interior lights switch off after 15 seconds. Same when you unlock the car / open a door. Not sure that this can be changed as the settings can be set to either an 'Auto' or a 'constant on' setting. The main light by the mirror stays on longer unless manually kept on with the switch as can the rear lights. Don't hold me to that though :).

The interior lights in the rear are held in with little retainers similar to the number plate light holders, there should be a little divot at one end of the fixture (I think it's the edge with the light button) and a firm pull forward should free it. Trim removal tools help a lot. Same with the front unit, just bigger.

You've got me wondering about the lighting arrangement, pretty sure it's about 10-15 seconds when you open the door, same when you close the door. Then again, I think my 156 does something different.

Enjoy! (y)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I've seen CANbus friendly LED interior sets on eBay, but never bothered

I don't think there's any control over time out periods, but it might be possible to have the BCU remapped for enough £££ :)

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK thanks for the replies, thought i might be able to reprogramme the lights but seems not

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Let me think back to my 147 :unsure:. The interior bulbs if I recall correctly are type 264 (42mm) and are available in LED form, but I can't say how the 147s canbus electrics copes with them. From memory the internal lights are controlled by the front roof light fixture and once the ignition is off the interior lights switch off after 15 seconds. Same when you unlock the car / open a door. Not sure that this can be changed as the settings can be set to either an 'Auto' or a 'constant on' setting. The main light by the mirror stays on longer unless manually kept on with the switch as can the rear lights. Don't hold me to that though :).

The interior lights in the rear are held in with little retainers similar to the number plate light holders, there should be a little divot at one end of the fixture (I think it's the edge with the light button) and a firm pull forward should free it. Trim removal tools help a lot. Same with the front unit, just bigger.

You've got me wondering about the lighting arrangement, pretty sure it's about 10-15 seconds when you open the door, same when you close the door. Then again, I think my 156 does something different.

Enjoy! (y)
I hadf LED interior bulbs on the GT when I bought it. They were dreadful so I replaced them with standard globes.
I ve bought 2 lots of CAN Bus leds for 2 of my 147's entire interior lights (front main light, map lights, rear light, puddle lights) they all worked as designed, ie the delay works and they slowly dim. I also swapped on set onto set to my GT and they work fine in it too.

156s behave differently cos theyre not CAN Bus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts