Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fortnight ago I had no interior lighting what-so-ever, not even the boot. However after taking the infamous blue box out and re-connecting it, the rear and boot have power and the front interior lights work at times or partially, meaning they come on slightly but very dimly.

I have checked the wires on the front interior lights and none seem lose enough to cause the cutting out and dimness.

Is there any other 'known' problems anyone can think of that can be causing this apart from a faulty 'blue box' :lol: hopefully that is the last resort to replace.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
which 'blue box' is this? i found one mounted under the rear seat.

just curous, cos my front interior lights don't come on with the doors, but i can turn them on/off manually via the buttons! i have a new assembly to fit (secondhand) so hoping that fixes it, but maybe not?!

:)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea it's the one under the rear seat. sadly they don't even work with the buttons unless they are having one of their random moments :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Same problem
Did you get a solution?
Cheers!

which 'blue box' is this? i found one mounted under the rear seat.

just curous, cos my front interior lights don't come on with the doors, but i can turn them on/off manually via the buttons! i have a new assembly to fit (secondhand) so hoping that fixes it, but maybe not?!

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
I ended up changing the whole front light assembly. I didn't thoroughly check the old one to find the fault though. But it wasn't the controller, it was something in the assembly, so possibly a bad connection.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea never did find the problem =( sadly went to heaven like that too. im guessing it was down to a bad connection somewhere but never had a chance to have a proper look at it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts