Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving the girlfriend home, and she got some water dropplets on her. So we were looking around to see where it came from, and the interior light on the roof on passenger side is pretty much half full of water. Couple of things

1: how the hell did it get there?

B: How do i get into it to get it out? Tried my dealership and as per usual they know sweet FA. Dont want to leave it in there as i dont want it rusting anything that may be in there.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
88,167 Posts
Have you looked in the manual ? There are usually instructions on how to replace those bulbs & how to get at them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea been and had a look, got the light fitting off and there was quite a bit of water in the casing. Got my finger in and had a good feel around and there was nothing in the roof lining just the light casing so i can only presume it was just condensation.

The gf uses that light but i dont use mine could explain why it was only in that light? still, shouldn't be in there at all imo

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
How random!
Sorry to hear you're having a naff time with your Mito, Moots. By the sounds of it you've got a bit of a "Friday afternoon" car and a terrible dealer.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There just silly issues. It's going in for the drainage pipes changing.

I've just reported things that various other people have - condensation in the lights, brakes squeaking at low speeds,condensation inside the car and the aircon makes a slight sort of whistling noise until it warms up when on setting 1. Nothing massive.

The dealers have been ****e since i bought the car tbh. It feels like they've got my money now they couldn't give a ****.

Took the light out and there was no water anywhere else so i can only presume its condensation, my interior light never gets used, but the passenger one gets used by the GF so i think it's just the heat caused by it being on when its this cold on the outside. still, it was a fairbit of water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts