Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I was looking for answers in car manual and here, and nothing.

I have three questions.

1.What is this holes with two red led lights? Is that sensors or what? (two holes near on/off switch for lights)

2.I forgot to take better picture, there are also three holes for something that I don't know what is purpose. Is that Bluetooth mic or again sensors?

3.In user manual, when car is in D mode, and you turn car engine off, next time when you start engine, car will be in N. That is not case for my car, it stays in D. Is something wrong?

Car model is Giulietta QV, build 2013, Australian market.

Here is also a picture so you get better understanding.

Thanks guys and sorry if I did not see answers for questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
36,768 Posts
The two red LEDs are to illuminate the AC controls and gear knob as features. No particular function otherwise!
Works a treat on my carbon fibre gear shifter.

·
Registered
120 Posts
When the first facelift went on the market (2013) they got a different ECU. This ECU allows the car to stay in D, so there is nothing wrong with your car.
The lights are just interior lights. They give a cool glow when it is dark.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, thanks guys. And do you know what is purpose of three holes, two points in driver and passanger on front seat and third in middle points on back passangers?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Two buttons on the left are for the panoramic sunroof (can't believe you haven't worked that out with that fancy roof over your head :lol: ).

The button more to the middle is to disable the anti-jacking detector (and possibly also the ultrasonic sensors which are the three 'holes' you mention)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know for that :) 3 blank buttons, that can be something if you pay for bigger packet of equipment's, or buttons for sunroof and alarm will switch places if steering wheel is on left side, so it is easier to access.

What is purpose of this ultrasonic sensors? :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Think Dulajo's G must come with a factory alarm, and the ultrasonic detectors are designed to detect someone breaking the glass.

Noticed the front interior light cluster appearance and switch design has been taken directly from the 147! On the latest 2014 facelift G's this has been changed to a much more modern and intuitive design similar to that found in other brands of cars lol. My partner could never work out how to turn on the driver and/or passenger light without experimenting with all the switches on the 147.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Interior light cluster

Has anyone else found these rather disappointing. After reading the manual, I was expecting to find a map reading light AND an interior light but all you get is a fairly basic interior light with options for LEFT, RIGHT, BOTH ON or OFF. (confusingly using two switches to do so).

The cluster does look smart but to me disappoints in use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts