Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, my 156 2.5 v6 interior fan has stopped working, i have removed the fan and put 12v on it and it worked, when i put a tester on the plug for the fan it reads 12v all the time, even when the car is switched off, but i think there would be slightly more involved, does anyone know what is going on?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i think it might be an earth problem as the fan ran for a second or two after removing it and double checking it did work by putting 12v on it, would anyone know where the earth point would be for the heater fan?

W

·
0 Posts
Has it failed on all speeds....early Alfas have a thermal resistor which cut 1-3 but allow 4 to work...not sure if 156s are the same. It's next to the fan.

wrinx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, it has failed on all speeds, which leads me to think the resistor is still allright, only thing i can think is a dodgy earth connection...

bastroyos

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 147 and the fan first stopped 5/6 weeks ago, my car is routinely left standing as I work away from home. After a few days driving it suddenly started again, this fault has now reversed and it won't switch off even with the ignition off, stuck at roughly half speed have to keep pulling the fuse..v annoying!

brinner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts