Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sportwagon over this winter has developed the annoying habit of getting a lot of condensation INSIDE - forming on the windscreen quite heavily. I have to towel it off, and when cold it freezes so I have to scrape it off. It never used to do this.

What could cause this? I can't see any other signs of damp.....

cheers:)

E

·
0 Posts
Got the same problem on the rear window of my GT.The rubber around the window started to wrinkle up and now I get a lot of dampness.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The most likely cause is the blocked pollen filters.... I had a problem with my 156SW a few weeks back, took the filters out and replaced them and problem solved. Its made worst a this time of years as the air con wont function below 3 degrees, which takes a lot of the moisture out. Search the forum for pollen filters and I found pictures on how to remove/replace them.
Other possibilities are a blocked outlet pipe from the aircon unit. Also you could be losing water from the heater matrix, but a quick check of you water level will hopefully squash that idea.
If you suspect water ingress / windscreen leak, then bear in mind the carpets are plastic lined and will not necessarily feel damp. To check undo a front door sill, and get your hand under the carpet. There is loads of info on if you search the forums.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts