Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to follow Jabawoky Jay guide to swap interior lights, anyone know how to remove the retainer clips that hold front courtesy light in place - feels as is going to snap!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3 retainer clips along each of the longer sides Literally just push each of the little metal bits you can see in (I used pen knife bottle openenr).

Where I went wrong and
So struggled was 1) I didn't think pushing in the little bits of metal I could see would do anything- it's does!

To first see these little metal parts of the clips slide in said narrow object (pen knife bottle opener), and prize very gently. They are pretty much one in each corner and one in the middle.

2) where I really struggled was to find the 3rd clip in each side - I thought all 3 would be in the light cluster, two are the 3rd is in the corner of the alarm thing. In short, the light and alarm thing are one unit. The whole lots comes out.

3) you only have to push in the retainer clips from one side and then the unit can be manouvered downwards.

- hope that helps a little.

Practise on glove box one first to 'get idea of how the retainers work' push pen knife (knife this time) into the LEFT side of the light in the glove box. Figuring this out let me see how the clips worked and so gave me the confidence to try again on light cluster!

·
Registered
83 Posts
3 retainer clips along each of the longer sides Literally just push each of the little metal bits you can see in (I used pen knife bottle openenr).

Where I went wrong and
So struggled was 1) I didn't think pushing in the little bits of metal I could see would do anything- it's does!

To first see these little metal parts of the clips slide in said narrow object (pen knife bottle opener), and prize very gently. They are pretty much one in each corner and one in the middle.

2) where I really struggled was to find the 3rd clip in each side - I thought all 3 would be in the light cluster, two are the 3rd is in the corner of the alarm thing. In short, the light and alarm thing are one unit. The whole lots comes out.

3) you only have to push in the retainer clips from one side and then the unit can be manouvered downwards.

- hope that helps a little.

Practise on glove box one first to 'get idea of how the retainers work' push pen knife (knife this time) into the LEFT side of the light in the glove box. Figuring this out let me see how the clips worked and so gave me the confidence to try again on light cluster!
Thank you very much for the reply. I could not find the third retainer clip also. Now I have a clear idea of what I need to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts