Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new here just bought a 2000 156 selespeed 2.0L Twin Spark and my interior fan doesn't work
It makes a strange noise in the driver's side footwell when I try and turn it on. I replaced the fuses for the climate control system and had a look at the fan unit under the glovebox (I think that's it?) It has 2 50A relays and some cords coming off them although the big orange 30A cord seems pretty worn and the connections seem rusty/oxidised as well (I'm not too sure on the accuracy of what the orange cord ampage or if it's significant, but going off other threads in the forum)
Has anyone had the same problem or know anything that could help?
I've put in some photos of the passenger footwell/glovebox (hope what I'm saying makes enough sense maybe the photos will help)

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Those relays dont look like they are the standard fit ones, Ive not seen them in that location before and the connections arnt the same and normally the relays are made by bosch. The relays near the glove box are normally for the fog lights, and headlight washers. I dont think there is a relay for the motor, its usually fused on the positive battery terminal. Is there power going to the motor, also check the resister/control unit.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
As Dave mention the internal fan motor is connected directly to the battery through a fuse and the earth side of the motor is connected to earth through the speed regulator.
Depending if you car have automatic or manual AirCon you can see the wiring diagram below.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts