Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw one on here (somewhere) last week, now can't find it anywhere.

Was a very good guide to removing and installing a complete interior for a 156

Two chaps removing a cloth and replacing with leather....

Anyone point me in the right direction?:confused:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Saw one on here (somewhere) last week, now can't find it anywhere.

Was a very good guide to removing and installing a complete interior for a 156

Two chaps removing a cloth and replacing with leather....

Anyone point me in the right direction?:confused:
if you have no luck finding it i removed my complete interior the other day to replace the black leather with tan leather so if you need any help i can put some your way, maybe type you up a quick guide if need be :thumbs:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yep, PM me if you need any guidance, very easy job, better with 2 for removing rear seats and about half a day`s work with the doorcards etc, disconnect battery before disconnecting underseat airbag connectors

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm guessing you mean this one.

If not, it's just as good ;)

Used it to fit mine the other day, although having done it not sure the guide is even needed as it's all pretty straight forward.

I found the hardest thing was getting the little stubby bolts back into the bottom of the rear seat. Try as I might, I could *not* get one of them lined up properly. Got it in the end though - good luck!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Proteo Rosso; I found the hardest thing was getting the little stubby bolts back into the bottom of the rear seat. Try as I might said:
id say they were more of a pain in the **** than hard but i can agree i said a few choice words when doing mine :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm guessing you mean this one.

If not, it's just as good ;)

Used it to fit mine the other day, although having done it not sure the guide is even needed as it's all pretty straight forward.

I found the hardest thing was getting the little stubby bolts back into the bottom of the rear seat. Try as I might, I could *not* get one of them lined up properly. Got it in the end though - good luck!
Yeah thats the one!

Cheers

·
Registered
270 Posts
thing is i've got manual rear windows and i'm guesing all leather interiors are for electric rear windows, so i guess they won't fit?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you able to leave the door cards i place and just change the inserts for leather ones?

Is it possible?
I was looking for some pre-facelift door cards a couple of weeks ago, (found some now)

I was told on here that it is possible to change just the inserts, but having a look myself at the door cards and inserts i'm not sure how easy it would be and how good the finish will be.

They look as though they are fitted and glued in place.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The door inserts is hold in place by what I can best describe as "glue rivets". You can carefully drill these out and the trim comes off. Just in case, drill the old ones you won't use off first :)
Very easy to do. Should probably take 2-3 hours to remove first time where you have to find the different screws and fittings. Having removed and replaced mine once I removed the (new) new interior in an hour from the donor car.

These are the things to drill out. I'd recommend using a Dremmel or similar.

Loose insert (the black stuff is just what the first second hand owner used to refit inserts to his non-electric rear doors):

Be aware how it is clipped onto the door card in the end:

Then just gently prise it off - time to remove the leather insert and refit:cool:

Can't get the imgahes working so you have to click them:rant:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts