Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out as a passenger in something a bit different today .. A 1950's Austin A35 fitted with a 1400cc Turbo'd A-Series engine ... linked to a 5-speed Sierra box.

Wow! Noise of the waste-gate was incredible and the power that little beast has ... pulling around 140bhp ...

Standard 948cc A35 was 36bhp!

8 secs 0-60, I think he said 15 secs 1/4 mile but tends not to do too many as it limits the life of the diff.

Shudder to think what the old boy in the Ford Fiesta thought when he looked in his rear view mirror as we hammered up behind him.

Braking courtesy of twin pot calipers and discs up front.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Unusual for sure. Not seen any A35's on the roads in years, one or two at shows.

·
Registered
37,490 Posts
I can see the appeal in something like that, especially if it looks standard. It would be great fun at traffic lights.

My brother had a Moggie Minor 1000 a couple of years back, and in one of the magazines there was one with a Breathed on Nissan 200SX engine and running gear.

That would be an very interesting project. :D

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
I like that sort of thing very much.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unusual for sure. Not seen any A35's on the roads in years, one or two at shows.
There are quite a few a round ... and a lot more being rebuilt!

I've got one (was my first car many, many moons ago) and hoping to start my rebuild next spring ...

S

·
0 Posts
That sounds amazing. When I had an 85 Ford Orion, I always wanted to put Cosworth engine and 4x4 running gear in it for just the same effect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts