Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm advertising the Snarling Beast for sale at the moment, I thought that it would be a good idea to get an "early MoT". The existing one expires in Sept, ads always read better when they offer a long MoT.

I was hooked by a Halfords Autocentre online offer of £29 for an MoT. Their place is less than a mile from home.

I got my ticket with a couple of advisories:

1 - parking brake at the lower end of good (Sportronic, what's the handbrake for?? I never use it).

2 - Imbalance of front brakes, 2% ?!

Off I went to my local trusted Fred in a Shed. They laughed. "That's just Halfords drumming up business. 2%! They didn't even have to advise on that".

Anyhow, the Snarling Beast is off to a pre-sale service next week, to include a full brake fettle.

This is going to be a very emotional parting...

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Halfrauds/Kwik Fit etc are all the same. They fabricate issues to worry the owner into having unnecessary work done. I bet if you took your car to a private MOT centre those things wouldn't have appeared on the advisory.
Best advice I can offer is to find where your local council gets their MOT/maintenance done. It'll be competitively priced and meticulous. That's what I've always done at MOT time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts