Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving up from Southampton yesterday and happened to see a few JLR test cars going along the A34 and M40.

First was a couple of test Range Rover Evoque Convertibles with parts hidden under camouflage. Why I don't know as they have released loads of pictures already.

Then at a petrol station just before hitting the M40 was the new Jaguar F-Pace. Pretty solid looking car. Only reason I knew it was a prototype was the fact it had a "Prototype Car" sticker on the rear.

Both the cars actually looked pretty good, especially when they later passed me on the M40 near Gaydon.

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
I live not far from Gaydon and JLR's vehicle testing facility. I saw that F-Pace the other day parked on double yellows, it has a "Prototype Vehicle" sticker on the front of the bonnet too.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've also seen, not yesterday, a Jaguar XE with Electric prototype on it, wafting silently past me.

Years ago I had a bit of a laugh with a test driver going up the M40. He noticed me taking photo's of the new Range Rover and decide to blind me! So I let him pass me and proceeded to blind him! After a while he got bored and took off like a scalded cat !

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
The pointless softop Evoque is one they are offering testdrives for
on the LR Winter Tour.

Just what you want up above the snowline: a softop with little roll-over protection.

I need to see an F-Pace....

Around here we have a Toyota design centre, so never really see anything other
than prototype Versas and the like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts