Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbs:I think a thread that list parts that are inter changeable between not only Alfa's but between Alfa's and other make could be useful.
Here good my bit of info.
I had to replace the CV boot on my 916 3.0 gtv today. The info that I could find stated that the outer cv was 85 mm Ø and the shaft was 24 mm Ø with a 91 mm boot length. This is wrong for my car. My car are 96mm by 28mm by 90mm. I found this boot at Midas and the Pro boot p/n is AB457K. I have found that the closest boot of this size is the outer boot for and Toyota Camry 3.0 1992 to 1996. The inner boot is the easy 1. Its a VW Combi 1.8, 2.1 2.5 inner boot. Hope this helps someone in the future when trying to get cv boots.:thumbs:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Aaah, great idea!
Old Giulietta 116 and GTV 116 share almost ALL mechanical parts, my dad and I used to swop out the 2.0 GTV's parts to the Giulietta 2.0 all the time!

VW radiator and waterbottle also fit in 80's Alfas.

I've looked at the 159 seats and steering wheel, I'm sure it will fit in the Giulietta GQV.

The facelift 147's boot fits straight onto the normal 147, lights and all!

J

·
0 Posts
You can use a FIAT Uno clutch slave cylinder kit in the Giulias, Alfettas, GTV's as well as in my 155 16V.

Is there a cheaper alternative Oil Filter to the now costly Z147 used in the old Giulas and Alfettas?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alfa's have parts from all sorts in them. The D102 front brake pads for the Alfetta/Giulietta's where used in some rear end of a Merc around that time as well. The Side shaft boots where from a VW combi if i remember correctly but not certain on that 1.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
According to the Gud catalog it the z95 was used in Alfa Sud, 155 QV, Daihatsu commercial, house full of Fords, Lancia, Mazda bakkies, MG, Toyota Cressida and Hilux. Nice having a catalog. :)

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
alfa 916 GTV wiper blades are difficult to get. The Renault Espace uses a direct match, including sprayers. Around R500 for both! The left side is slightly larger so that means the last 50mm doesn't reach the outer edge of the curved windscreen but that's no biggie :thumbs:

·
Registered
975 Posts
116 Alfetta/Giulietta/ GTV
Tie-rod ends = Toyota Cressida
CV Boots = VW Citi Golf

Had to redo right-front CV on my 916 GTV 3.0 last week, and inner CV head is from a VW Microbus, outer is Alfa only part.

When looking for new parts for the Alfetta, I always take a sample with to the spares shop (normally Naskar in Silverton) and then match it up there - the Alfa parts aren't always listed in their books, but you can get away with a lot of things, cheaper things, for other cars.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Toyota Camry 3.0 1992 to 1996 out CV boot fits the outer of the 916 3.0 cv.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts