Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe our GTV 2.0 JTS has a vacuum leak somewhere and I am thinking/going to buy a fog machine(£30 from internet) to connect to the system to help find it as I have checked all the obvious hoses so far with no luck.

When I have watched you tube videos they connect it to the brake booster, is this the pipe I have highlighted in the picture?

Any advice welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
Sounds like an awful lot of effort to trace a vacuum leak. Quite often the culprit is fine cracks within the folds of the flexi "accordion" section. Try spraying WD40 onto it while revving the engine and see if the engine note changes

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
Take the flexi section off and check underneath - bend it properly, the cracks do hide. Will take 5 minutes and be cheaper than some machine.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I have taken the flexi bit off and there are cracks in the joints of it but none look to have gone through...hum.

I will spray the joints with brake fluid and see if the revs rise and failing that wrap the section in tape and film and see if it improves.

Can anyone answer my question about the hose i highlighted being the brake booster?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

Can anyone answer my question about the hose i highlighted being the brake booster?

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

That's just a breather hose.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I believe our GTV 2.0 JTS has a vacuum leak somewhere and I am thinking/going to buy a fog machine(£30 from internet) to connect to the system to help find it as I have checked all the obvious hoses so far with no luck.
Any advice welcome.
To save on a smoke machine, a mechanic I know uses his Vap E-cig thing cranked up to create a dense cloud. Might help if you know any E-cig users?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts