Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
Got MES connected to check for some stored errors (none) and found some strange readings. Air intake qty is twice as desired. I can find few posts with opposite problem, but not that Actual > desired. What is the direction to look at? Car pulls ok, but always felt that it needs to pull harder with 243hp. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
I am attaching screenshot from MES.

Cheers,
Marcis.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couldn't find any leaks visually. There must be a huge leak to get those numbers twice as desired.
Could this be a faulty MAF?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Despite of numerous suggestions NOT to clean it, i'll give it a try. Btw, carb cleaner seems to be too harsh i guess better to use el.contact cleaner. Let You know the results.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No sure to be honest tydytek. My guess would be that it is closed with remap. Have not noticed any blanking plates

·
Registered
128 Posts
Is it diesel or gasoline? Because if it's diesel then check your air filter housing if it's cracked.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
as post 2 up that looks like normal maf qty give or take at idle (485mg/i) and the desired qty looks about what would be requested during egr open cycle (200-300mg/i)
i would select just air qty , des qty and egr solenoid % and see if it cycles every few minutes say 5 min test.
if it does the egr is not mapped out and probably just physically blanked off.
supprised its not had any egr codes with such difference unless error code was mapped out instead ?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
No sure to be honest tydytek. My guess would be that it is closed with remap. Have not noticed any blanking plates
If it’s mapped out, always better to fit a blanking plate as reassurance. I would double check that the EGR has been deleted correctly?

·
Registered
100 Posts
BTW: if you want to be shure - for proper diagnostics of the MAF readings you should log desired and actual intake quantity under full acceleration on 3rd gear from 2000 to 4000 RPMs.
I think that your MAF is OK and the difference is caused by the EGR closed so the engine sucks more fresh air..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts