Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was humming and ha-ing about a third car the other day, some nondescript sh**box that does a little more than 200 miles to a tank so I could spare the ole snortwagon the mile and a half to work. Admiral seem to have as bit of a sense of humour as they reckon adding said motorised hideousity should set me back an extra £200. For a car that I cannot drive at the same time as the other two.

Anyone got any suggestions or recommendations?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
If the journey's not that long buy something old enough to qualify for classic insurance and put it on limited mileage, say 2-5000 miles. Expect to pay about £100

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I've got a multi-car policy via a company called Primo, got four cars on it currently and very reasonable considering two are V6's.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
f the journey's not that long buy something old enough to qualify for classic insurance and put it on limited mileage, say 2-5000 miles. Expect to pay about £100
This. I had the Alfetta GTV insured for £105 a year on 2K limited mileage. Seemed pretty fair. Never managed to find a multi car that was cheaper than individual, but will look at Primo...

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
At one stage I had full NCB on my GTV JTS which was on limited mileage but not classic policy. I took the full NCB off and it put the premium up by £20. I then put the full NCB onto my third car which made the insurance reasonable.
I have swapped it back since as the third car - Fiat Punto - got sold and replaced by the Cup which went onto a Classic policy.
What sort of insurance do you have on your Spider?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
keith, for 3 cars, i really recommend using a broker...it's a PITA trying to get it done online..but dont use swintons, because they have condescending ****s that work at their branches. :)

"ooh no, you cant have that car and that car insured on the same day...can't you arrange for your car to be dropped off a day or 2 earlier? (when trying to sort the swap from the 156 to the c2)

"ooh no...you cant do that... you really need to learn how to budget for your outgoings" (when trying to change the payment date from the 19th to the 20th, which is my wife's payday)

"ooh noo, i know you have moved from an insurance group 16 to a group 2, but my computer says £700.........but wait, your current insurer will do it for £30 a month more! )

i really wanted to stabby the woman in the ****/****/etc....and i wasnt even speaking to her!

·
Registered
14,485 Posts
Can you not just walk or go by bike? 20 mins on foot, 10 by bike.

·
Registered
13,669 Posts
My three are all insured separately. Was over twice the cost of that to go with a 'multi-car' option.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
My three are all insured separately. Was over twice the cost of that to go with a 'multi-car' option.
Same here. Put it on a limited miles policy. I pay £90 for my Landrover on a 4,000 mile policy.

·
Registered
296 Posts
my (wife's) admiral policy is great. The x type jag is just over 200 quid, the kia Sedona was 200 quid and best of all my TVR Chimaera is only 204 quid.
works for me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts