Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I've bored you all to death about my accident and the assessment that deemed my 04 156 to be beyond economic repair; well here is an update.

I bought the car back and arranged for the breakers to deliver it direct to AutoLusso once all details had been agreed to have some parts (FSD) swopped over to the new car. It's been a long drawn out process as I did not accept the first valuation, main sticking point (!) was the "binding brakes" PRE accident; the muppet engineer said it was down valued because of its condition, i.e. the brakes.

I spoke to the insurers the week before last and again this Wednesday, they said they need to chase up the in-house engineer to look at the car and they accepted they would call me back, then ..............

On the way home on Friday I get a call from Ned asking me when I want to come and have the work done as the car has been there since WEDNESDAY:wow:

I am absolutely and totally hacked off with the insurers, I have always had to chase them for information, provided all required documents and evidence and got NOTHING in return. On Monday they had better beware because the phone line will be glowing hot!

It was perhaps just as well that they weren't in when I called on Friday - they go home at 1700. My next contact on Monday will be the Ombudsman for Insurers, I have all the communication (from me) and file notes taken at the time of the various conversations so we'll see how they deal with that :D

There, I feel better.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
22,993 Posts
I'm sorry - I got as far as "I bought the car back" but after that I lose it - what are "FSD" parts, for example?

If you have bought it back why are you still having problems with your insurers - indeed why would a pre-existing brake problem affect anything if the car is now yours rather than the insurers.

Sorry - maybe I am being thick here?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry - I got as far as "I bought the car back" but after that I lose it - what are "FSD" parts, for example?

If you have bought it back why are you still having problems with your insurers - indeed why would a pre-existing brake problem affect anything if the car is now yours rather than the insurers.

Sorry - maybe I am being thick here?
The deal with Autolusso was that they bought the car and I retained the Koni FSDs for them to fit on my new 156.

I still arguing the toss over the valuation they put on the car, as it was down-valued because of (in their opinion) the pre-existing brake problem (binding brakes). The point that I'm trying to get across to them is that you couldn't drive the car with badly binding brakes and my report after the accident clearly identifies that.

Hope that makes it clear.

·
Premium Member
42,812 Posts
what ever the outcome.... i hope it's in your favour :)

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,040 Posts
The deal with Autolusso was that they bought the car and I retained the Koni FSDs for them to fit on my new 156.

I still arguing the toss over the valuation they put on the car, as it was down-valued because of (in their opinion) the pre-existing brake problem (binding brakes). The point that I'm trying to get across to them is that you couldn't drive the car with badly binding brakes and my report after the accident clearly identifies that.

Hope that makes it clear.
The irony is

You bought the car new for me in 2004 and it was late :eek:

I buy the car back from the insurance company to break it for parts and I get it early :rolleyes:

As you know we have already started to dismantle it and I have looked at the brakes and there was no sign of ant problems with the brakes, if it helps I can write a report for you to help with the insurance company

See you for your FSD’s back :thumbs:

Ned

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The irony is

You bought the car new for me in 2004 and it was late :eek:

I buy the car back from the insurance company to break it for parts and I get it early :rolleyes:

As you know we have already started to dismantle it and I have looked at the brakes and there was no sign of ant problems with the brakes, if it helps I can write a report for you to help with the insurance company

See you for your FSD’s back :thumbs:

Ned
Cheers Ned, thanks for the offer. I'm writing to complain and have started down the ombudsman route also, but have to give them a chance to respond first.

rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts