Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are considering changing your car's basic radio/cassette player for an all-singing DAB/FM radio/CD/MP3/bluetooth unit ..

... then don't forget to tell your insurance company. An article in a national paper is showing insurers are using every trick in the book to avoid payouts .. and the car radio and entertainment system is one of them ..

... apparently they denied a payout due to a sticker on the rear window .. I wouldn't be surprised at that either!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
These insurance companies should be fined for bad behaviour, they know drivers have to have insurance by law so they exploit that fact :furious: i'm with elephant.co.uk, they are a subsidiary of admiral and I have £1500 of ice cover included, but it's a good idea to check your policy.

·
Registered
787 Posts
That's about 90% of drivers then, and about 100% of those under 25. I'd get insurance for a sound system, my alloys (even though bought with them on) e.t.c if it didn't shoot my premiums up massively. BUT I actually checked with my insurer regarding tinted windows i.e privacy windows and they said it would not affect my insurance at all. Didn't go for them, but I would do the same for my sound system when I get around to installing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts