Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my insurance renewal from insure.co.uk.
A whopping £587, I assume due to the high rating applied to the JTS.

Shopped around online and best I could find was nearly £200 cheaper...£396* with Tesco. Can anyone beat this?

*Maximum excess, no extras such as hire car, legal cover etc. I'm 45 + have 6 points (SP30 & SP50).

·
Registered
675 Posts
Cosmos,

Looks like Tesco haven't increased the premium for the JTS as that I pay £429 for the TS with legal cover and 150 excess.

I've been with Tesco for 3 years, no one has beat them and you get free buissness cover.

34 years old, clean licence, garaged, lowish risk area.

Lee

·
Registered
25 Posts
00/W 2.0 TS S2 - £856 Fully comp in Leafy Leamington Spa, 27 on policy (28 last week), 6 yrs ncb and no points in 8 years - passed my advanced motorists test as well! Good news is I get to renew in May so I'll give Tesco a go! Cheap 156 insurance - is it an over thirty thing? (No offence implied or intended!)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Tesco were close..but not close enough - elephant.co.uk were about £50 cheaper for the same excess.
AR 145QV, 21 years old, 3 yrs NCB, no points, driveway, good area, no mods, £12k miles per year... all for the cheap fee of £972 :D

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Im with Tesco, £1060 28yr old in a GTA. I was with Morethan before with my 1.8TS 156, and that was about £650. 3pts (SP30) with 4yrs NCB

L

·
0 Posts
I pay £610 through Admiral, excess £150 but no car hire etc, just the basic motor insurance. I'm a ripe old 30 year old with 4 yrs NCB, I guess it's not as good as Tesco's though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Tried the insurers you all mentioned, Tesco still comes out tops at £396 with no extras.
Direct Line was next closest at £410.
The anomaly with the JTS is the official AIB grouping is 2 groups higher than the old 2.0 TS.
Some insurers such as Direct Line do not use AIB groupings.

C

·
0 Posts
I'm with esure.co.uk

Age 33, 4yrs Protected NCD, No points, + Wife as named driver

98 S 156 2.0TS

£390 F/Comp

Policy taken out today

·
Registered
16 Posts
34 male. Garaged. 2.0ts turismo Direct Line came out cheapest after 2 days of shopping around. £870, I have 3 points SP30 (lifes not fair)

D

·
0 Posts
all you guys who are with Admiral (and elephant) should pay particular attention to the "Standard parts replacement endorsement" of you policy quide - (see http://www.admiral-insurance.co.uk/Policybook/extraconditions.phtml option 11)

The important bit is
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong>we will only pay the cost of replacing parts needed for the car to meet the manufacturer's standard specification</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This endorsement only applies if it is actually indicated on your insurance certificate (check the back) - I'm sure it was on my certificate from the start when I notified them about my new 147 1.6 T.Spark Lusso (no mention of the metallic paint, 16 inch sport alloys, leather, Bose and cd changer).

As I understand it, this means that options such as metallic paint, leather upholstery etc will not be replaced under the policy, but they will pay the cost of solid paint and the standard cloth upholstery etc.

You can opt to declare any optional extras you have and pay a higher premium as a result but the endorsement still applies!

This is ludicrous in my opinion and the main reason I didn't renew with them. It also helped that Sainsburys offered the best deal - £200 less than Admirals renewal quote and cheaper than Tesco and everyone else I tried.

Maybe I've got it all wrong but its worth checking out if you are with Admiral/Elephant

M

·
0 Posts
Try www.confused.com.
They got me a quote through e-sure for £242 protected no claims. That's with my wife on, 3 points and a write-off. Ok, I have a 155, but this is cheaper than anybody elses insurance on the 155 forum (I think).

Marlon

·
Registered
120 Posts
Quit whining.

In the Denmark we have very high car prices and quite high insurance prices.

I pay around 1.400 euros per year in insurance.

And we pay 180% tax on a new car, plus 25% VAT.

Be happy you drive an Alfa :)

/Mogens

·
Registered
609 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by cosmos406:
<strong>Just got my insurance renewal from insure.co.uk.
A whopping £587, I assume due to the high rating applied to the JTS.

Shopped around online and best I could find was nearly £200 cheaper...£396* with Tesco. Can anyone beat this?

*Maximum excess, no extras such as hire car, legal cover etc. I'm 45 + have 6 points (SP30 & SP50).</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

·
Registered
609 Posts
Priviledge were cheaper for 156 sillyspeed @ £540 with top breakdown cover, 33years, full no claims, drink drive history ...doh!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts