Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Had my insurance renewal from Esure yesterday. Was very surprised to see that it has gone DOWN by £50!

Cost is £298 fully comp and no claims protected for a 156 2.0TS.

Seems that being a bit of an old stoat (I'm 42 in May) and having 11 years no claims discount helps :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
jammy beggars - i've got 6 years ncd, clean license, 35 years old, sensible occupation and i have to pay £525

my crime? living on the outskirts of manchester:mad:

count yourselves lucky gentlemen

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
i'm already with adrian flux. shows you what a crime-ridden sh*thole manchester is, the likes of esure etc were coming in at £700. it does my head in - where we live is really nice and an affluent area on the very outskirts but we're still within thieving distance of salford:mad:

the other factors:
they assume i'm going to be in manchester rush-hour traffic twice a day (i'm not), manchester is full of uninsured dirtbag drivers (meaning MY insurers pay if i get hit by one) and it's a city full of [email protected] who claim whiplash compensation rather than work for a living :rant:

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
ACAPULCO AL said:
i'm already with adrian flux. shows you what a crime-ridden sh*thole manchester is, the likes of esure etc were coming in at £700. it does my head in - where we live is really nice and an affluent area on the very outskirts but we're still within thieving distance of salford:mad:

the other factors:
they assume i'm going to be in manchester rush-hour traffic twice a day (i'm not), manchester is full of uninsured dirtbag drivers (meaning MY insurers pay if i get hit by one) and it's a city full of [email protected] who claim whiplash compensation rather than work for a living :rant:
Errrhhh...ever thought of moving...:) :) :)

·
Administrator
61,308 Posts
Is that all the insurance for 1 year? it seems awful cheap. we pay $1350.00cd that's including the 42%deduction for no claims for ever.:rolleyes: and this is on older cars 97, 99 and my 93 alfa.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
classicgal93 said:
Is that all the insurance for 1 year? it seems awful cheap. we pay $1350.00cd that's including the 42%deduction for no claims for ever.:rolleyes: and this is on older cars 97, 99 and my 93 alfa.

really?:eek: i wonder why that is? i would've thought your part of canada was low crime with nice clear open roads? there is enormous competition in the insurance industry over here which maybe keeps prices down a bit:confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.