Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
47,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always an amusing thread to exchange experiences.

Cheapest is £327 - with SS exhaust declared. Pretty pleased with that. Although I might go with Diamond at £347 as their excess is much lower, and they include insurance for my handbag apparently.
Cheaper than last year, despite all the recent propaganda. And £150 cheaper than my renewal notice.

Most expensive was £10627! I think that's the most expensive insurance quote I've ever received. Once they go past about £2000, they usually just refuse.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Have you tried 'Admiral' Bazza??
Been with them for many years now, always come out the cheapest. I have the GTA and the old Mondeo on a multicar policy with them at the mo.

·
Administrator
47,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In fact Admiral are my current insurer. I will of course give them to opportunity to match Diamond (and, being lazy, will probably stay with them if they can get within £20-ish)

I believe Diamond and Admiral are the same company anyway, right?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
In fact Admiral are my current insurer. I will of course give them to opportunity to match Diamond (and, being lazy, will probably stay with them if they can get within £20-ish)

I believe Diamond and Admiral are the same company anyway, right?
Ah I see. They may be paired, I don't know. If you are inclined (I'm not as am too lazy) check the cancelation fees etc....may make the difference in that 20 odd quid :thumbs:

·
Administrator
47,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No cancellation fees, only renewing when it runs out.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Well I hope you can get a good deal Bazza....maybe price matching two companies under the same umbrella will work in your favour :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
A technical thread:confused:

:p

Reported:lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Administrator
47,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As long as it's not selling, if it's model specific, it's perfectly welcome in the model lounge.

This could equally well fit in the insurance lounge - but it's suitable for either.

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
Insurance has been hit and miss lately. For a tvr I'm looking at about 600 quid, for a celica gt4 I'm just over 500, but to be an additional on my folks 1.6 proton they wanted 1190 extra?!!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
As long as it's not selling, if it's model specific, it's perfectly welcome in the model lounge.

This could equally well fit in the insurance lounge - but it's suitable for either.
We're winding you up bazza :p

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Just joined greenlight, my insurance has gone from £1400 to £760 now! And they insure all my modifications:thumbs: oh just realised I don't have a GTA! I'm out of here;)

·
Administrator
47,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Turns out I was right about Diamond and Admiral being sister companies - and because of that, after confirming the details, Admiral (my current insurer) happily dropped my premium to exactly that offered by Diamond. :thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts