Registered
2,917 Posts
Car: 147 GTA
Insurer: Adrian Flux
NCB: 0
Driving: Nearly 4 Years

With my parents on the policy as named drivers

£2900 a year !!!!!!!!!!!
...Driving a 147 GTA at the age of 21 legally and not having to TWOK it priceless!

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Wow. Thats not as bad as I would have expected! haha.

I'm 22 driving a 1.8 156 veloce and my insurance is over a grand! :p

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Run the quote again but take your parents off. Then post how much it is.

3rd party or comprehensive?

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
To steal. an abreviation of the common juveline crime of 'Taken Without Consent' usualy applied to motor vehicles stolen by chavs.

Lol! Don't worry mate. If you are seriously looking at a GTA, you might want to get a 2 litre for a year or two first. I'm just going to wait until I'm 25 when the insurance is cheaper!!!

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
To steal. an abreviation of the common juveline crime of 'Taken Without Consent' usualy applied to motor vehicles stolen by chavs.

Lol! Don't worry mate. If you are seriously looking at a GTA, you might want to get a 2 litre for a year or two first. I'm just going to wait until I'm 25 when the insurance is cheaper!!!
Same here.

Currently i am £450 for my 145 cloverleaf. 21, 3rd party fire and theft, my name only, 4 years NCB, pass plus, no accidents/convictions etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
most people will say its a silly idea at my age....each to their own tho!!

not all 21 year olds drive like a maniac

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
most people will say its a silly idea at my age....each to their own tho!!

not all 21 year olds drive like a maniac
I don't think anyone suggested that you do. I'm only 22 and would love to drive a GTA. However it's the people that do drive like maniacs that means I have to pay such a disgusting premium to drive a nice car.

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
In addition, Adrian Flux haven't been very good for us "under 25's" the quote I had from them was about 400 quid over my insurer!!

Do a quote on confused.com. It worked for me!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For me its more of the fact that we have had Alfa's in the family for as long as i can remember and i have always had a passion for them.

For the last 4 years of my life i have wanted one :( its not about the speed for me - its the look and sound of such a beautiful car and engine.

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
For me its more of the fact that we have had Alfa's in the family for as long as i can remember and i have always had a passion for them.

For the last 4 years of my life i have wanted one :( its not about the speed for me - its the look and sound of such a beautiful car and engine.
Well I'm afraid unless you are minted, it's gonna be a few years before You get one :( . I couldn't afford the insurance on a 2.5 when I found one... It's a bugger.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Have you tried Chris Knott?

Im paying 800quid on my new Spider - OK so its no GTA but then again its worth a lot more.

Worth a try anyway!

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Have you tried Chris Knott?

Im paying 800quid on my new Spider - OK so its no GTA but then again its worth a lot more.

Worth a try anyway!
If you are under 25 I will be very jealous! :(

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
an abreviation of the common juveline crime of 'Taken Without Consent'QUOTE]

More correctly it is an abbreviation of

Taken Without Owner's Consent...

See all that time watching Road Wars on Sky wasn't wasted!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
:( Damn you rich boy! hehe

How many years NCB you got?
Technically 3 years, but that quote is only based on 2yrs as it was too much of a pain in the arse to get my last year of NCB transferred from Luxembourg back to the UK.

Although Chris Knott is the broker the policy is actually with Highway Insurance. Had never heard of them previously and im not sure if they sell policies or underwrite only, but maybe its another avenue you can pursue?

BTW yes I am 23 :)

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Car: 147 GTA
NCB: 0
Driving: Nearly 4 Years
£2900 a year !!!!!!!!!!!
You sound surprised. It is a ridiculous amount for insurance, i agree, but given your criteria you can't blame them for asking high premiums. Out of curiosity, what has been your best quote so far?

My advice; find the best quote possible from another insurer, call AF back and they will beat your best price. Always have for me.

In addition, Adrian Flux haven't been very good for us "under 25's"
I have cause to disagree with you there; Although i am now 25, i was insured prior to being 25 through Flux and they were very competitive (as are they now). Nobody else could even get close to them on price a couple of years ago, however the playing field is levelling as i'm getting older.

Just renewed my policy through them today as it happens.:D

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
im only paying 565 on my 147 2.1TS at 21 year old, 4 years NCD and advanced motorist member...

the GTA would put me back 1100 to insure fully comp :D

aint got the cash to buy one just yet tho, busy buying a house instead

1 - 20 of 68 Posts