Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a policy holder can drive other cars with the owners permission what about named drivers on the policy, can they still drive other cars?

May be a stupid question but i cant see it on my policy?

Oh and it's an online company so they have no phone support to answer my question.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I think you will find its just the policy holder thats covered to drive other vehicles and I think that covers you third party only.

S

·
0 Posts
And sometimes the policy holder isn't covered to drive other vehicles either.

It pays to check the policy carefully.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
My understanding is that the policy holder 'only' of a comprehensive policy is covered to drive another car 'third party'.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
And sometimes the policy holder isn't covered to drive other vehicles either.

It pays to check the policy carefully.
Absolutely! Don't assume that you are covered to drive other cars just because you are fully comp on yours. It's very rare these days to be automatically covered.

Check your policy!

S

·
0 Posts
Silly question perhaps, but does the other vehicle have to be insured by the owner? I had always assumed so.
Say for example there was a project car that didn't have continuous insurance?

If so, if the project car was owned by the policy holder, could they drive it insured under this clause?

H

·
0 Posts
Silly question perhaps, but does the other vehicle have to be insured by the owner? I had always assumed so.
Say for example there was a project car that didn't have continuous insurance?

If so, if the project car was owned by the policy holder, could they drive it insured under this clause?
The second vehicle has to be owned by another person, or have it's own separate insurance policy, if you own both you're insuring two cars for the price of one, essentially.

How do I know that? Because the otherwise wonderful Mrs HST found out the hard way. 6 points and £250 fine :(

S

·
0 Posts
The second vehicle has to be owned by another person, or have it's own separate insurance policy, if you own both you're insuring two cars for the price of one, essentially.

How do I know that? Because the otherwise wonderful Mrs HST found out the hard way. 6 points and £250 fine :(
Sorry to hear. Unfortunate :( but thanks for the answer!

·
Registered
290 Posts
project car wise ( and as long as you've got the clauses in your policy) Its fine to drive another uninsured car as long as you don't own it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts